Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 06:45 AM

Tlambing,
I forgot to thank you for putting the collage together, so, Thank You!!
K
Old 12-18-2014, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Here are the last three MR's I sent to my SP.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502839[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502840[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502841[/ATTACH]

I am already thinking of what to make for a Valentine's Day swap. Is that the next one?
I love your mug rugs! You did such a good job and you said that these are your first ones? wow!
Please let me know where you got the patterns for the mushrooms and owls. I love mushrooms and I am collecting owls.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:52 AM

Oh Jaba you outdid yourself on Brats quilt!! And so fast too! Still no MR, Oh well, I don't think Swapping is for me as this is the 2nd time it's happened! I'll become a lurker instead! LOL!! Merry Chrstmas ALL!!!!
Old 12-18-2014, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I love your mug rugs! You did such a good job and you said that these are your first ones? wow!
Please let me know where you got the patterns for the mushrooms and owls. I love mushrooms and I am collecting owls.
I appreciate all of the kind words from everyone about my mug rugs. I was very happy with how they turned out but also tend to see every "flaw" in what I make. I hope my SP liked them. I had a blast making them for her. The things she liked were way different for me and that was a fun challenge.

The dragon and the mushrooms were two patterns I made up myself. After I had made the gnomes peeking out from behind the mushrooms I wished I had made their little "butts" sticking out the other side. lol (Next time!)

The witch was actually a stained glass pattern that I used to make the applique.

The two owls on the branch and the sleepy owl were both patterns I found on Craftsy. Here are those links:

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...fqjjuhd&_ctp=1

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...fqjjuhd&_ctp=1

Hope these links work!

Deb
Old 12-18-2014, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by hairquilt View Post
Oh Jaba you outdid yourself on Brats quilt!! And so fast too! Still no MR, Oh well, I don't think Swapping is for me as this is the 2nd time it's happened! I'll become a lurker instead! LOL!! Merry Chrstmas ALL!!!!
Thank you, glad you like the finished product I'm sure a mug rug is on the way, please don't feel like that. I have felt the same way too, more than once, hurt feelings and anger at the same time. It takes awhile but you just need to let it go and know that you did your part and feel good about that. Trust me I was told that many many times. 3rd time is charm, we need you in the swap...please reconsider
Old 12-18-2014, 07:34 AM

I haven't heard from my sp as yet, I know she received but no PM and I haven't seen a photo of what I sent.
The sad part is I don't have a picture of what I sent to her. If you are reading this please let me know if you did receive
it! I just hope everything is okay.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:45 AM

Please, please don't choose to NOT swap because of someone's lack of following through on their end. I am so sorry that you are one of the folks who did not get a Mug Rug. I feel positively wretched for the folks who had their swap end poorly. It is usually the most conscientious and generous people who get the rotten end of the stick, or at least it seems that way.

YOU are still a valued and important member of the swap! Every post you make gives us a glimpse into your heart. This is how we get to know you! Don't let someone's inconsideration run you off. We need you. I'll bet an Angel Rug is on its way.

Big Hugs!
Deb
Old 12-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

hairquilt, don't quilt, i'll be your partner. I mail the first day of mailing and you;ll have it so fast. promise.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:58 AM

Agree with the other gals!
I'm betting there is a pkg headed your way soon...I know mail is running slower this time of year..And some of the "angels" are working to get the "angel pkgs" on their way.
I'm guessing Brat has said she's been in contact with your original assigned mr maker?
I'm really sorry to everyone who didn't receive a pkg, and when it's happened in more than 1 swap, that must be extra frustrating. I know it's frustrating to all of us as well.
I love QB, and I want everyone else to enjoy it as well....
And I understand emergencies come up...but it's not hard to send a quick pm to our hostess, keeping her "in the know"...

Regards,
K

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-18-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

hairquilt, we're doing this again for Valentines day, or so I think we are. I'll be your partner for that. You know you'll get it, and i'm saying so here in front of everyone. I'm known to be an early mailer, so don't worry.

please stay. angels are sending out mug rugs as we speak.I mailed out an angel pkg last week, and still no word from my swapee yet. hopefully she got it already.