Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-17-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Juli
My package from Airwick156 (Deanna)arrived today. 3 year old Owen couldn't wait to help me open it up and got so excited about everything in the package.

She sent me lots of material. I have actually been looking for material that will material some material that will matach some material that I have and this material hearts material will be perfect for a hearts quilts I am I working on, but haven't been able to find anything.

She sent me some snowman fabric. Some fabric with different Dogs all over it. 2 different designs of fabric with teddy bears all over it. Six quilting magazines (my mom thinks she taking one of them), some quilting magzines, some cotton candy bubble bath (Owen thinks its his), 4 candles, and some starbursts.

Thank you so much Deanna. I absolutely love everything!

Juli
I notice Owen is hanging out close to those starbursts ! Come on Mom , give him a couple. Sara
Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 PM

I got a chock-full package from Sarah L from GA today (not sure of your board name) and everything is fantastic. She is quite talented, as you can see from the adorable handmade cards, the mug rug, and my favorite, the gorgeous and girly covered notebook. She also included puzzle books, inspirational books, a note pad, beautiful brocade purses, a kitchen towel and spoon rest, and, of course, FABRIC, which I will put to good use. Thanks Sarah!! I loved opening everything.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243272.jpe  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. Sue ya better get your eyes back soon.Lucky you have such a great husband to go on here for you (and us)to post a picture. Candi please becareful. We need you on here to stalk. Lori how's the back doing? You are needed and missed very much.Very nice swaps and very pretty fabrics. Mary
Old 08-17-2011, 05:38 PM

I had just go done reading mimom's post wishing that it was me as I really could use a pick me up from dealing with all the pain and in comes DH with a package from my SP: Kim aka: mimom. Now I know that you are all going to be jealous of my mug rug that she made special for me, but it can't be helped. Along with the most perfect mug rug made special for me as I collect snow globes, I also got 4 fat quarters 3 of which were also used in the mug rug. Did tell you guys as awesome the mug rug is yet??? I also got a beautiful card that am going to put up on the wall by my sewing machine so that I can look at it. I couild smell the gummie bears before I even opened the package. It had to go right into the fridge as it was now liquid, but after a bit it will firm back up and then I and eat it. It will be what we like to call a gummie slab. I also got a small calculator that is also a magnetic clip, very cool as I am always loosing calculators. I got a travel sewing kit, a package of hand sewing needles to use when I try doing my first hand quilted mini whole cloth quilt. I also got flower shaped memo pads and the cutest note cards with 2 mice carrying a strawberry. Oh and did I remember to tell you about the very first mug rug that I have ever had that was made special for me and so spectacular? Thank you Kim this made me so happy.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243302.jpe  
Old 08-17-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
I had just go done reading mimom's post wishing that it was me as I really could use a pick me up from dealing with all the pain and in comes DH with a package from my SP: Kim aka: mimom. Now I know that you are all going to be jealous of my mug rug that she made special for me, but it can't be helped. Along with the most perfect mug rug made special for me as I collect snow globes, I also got 4 fat quarters 3 of which were also used in the mug rug. Did tell you guys as awesome the mug rug is yet??? I also got a beautiful card that am going to put up on the wall by my sewing machine so that I can look at it. I couild smell the gummie bears before I even opened the package. It had to go right into the fridge as it was now liquid, but after a bit it will firm back up and then I and eat it. It will be what we like to call a gummie slab. I also got a small calculator that is also a magnetic clip, very cool as I am always loosing calculators. I got a travel sewing kit, a package of hand sewing needles to use when I try doing my first hand quilted mini whole cloth quilt. I also got flower shaped memo pads and the cutest note cards with 2 mice carrying a strawberry. Oh and did I remember to tell you about the very first mug rug that I have ever had that was made special for me and so spectacular? Thank you Kim this made me so happy.
I think she likes the mug rug, I would too, it looks great!!! What a wonderful idea to make a snow globe.....Nice looking package.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:01 PM

Lori, hope you are feeling better soon!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:10 PM

Hi all you wonderful quilters,
I just got back from 8 great days in Seattle visiting my son and DIL. I have about 50 pages to catch up on and tomorrow morning will be going to the post office to pick up our mail. Hopefully there will be a package waiting for me from my SP :)
Old 08-17-2011, 06:21 PM

Nice mug rug!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:28 PM

Love all the mug rugs everyone has received. I think I'll get started on one so I'll have it ready for the Sept. SP....maybe something with apples would be appropriate
Old 08-17-2011, 06:31 PM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Hmmmm.... I think she likes the mug rug. It is might nice.