Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-17-2011, 07:17 PM

To everyone who is hurting or not feeling well, GET WELL SOON we want you all on board.

Everyone's packages are fantastic so much though has gone into them. I love seeing all the mug rugs happening this month.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 PM

It is very early morning here and I could not sleep. I also had a lovely, but not long lasting surprise. My sight is clear enough to see the computer :thumbup:

Not sure how long it will last so will speed through all the pages I have missed - but I am checking on you all!

Candi, Lawsonmugs and Lori, all of you please look after those backs and get well soon. We need stalkers, teasers and our Swap Leader - I think she is Queen of the Swaps!.

Arizona Girl and everyone else who has been poorly lately too, you must all get well too.

I loved my gifts from Carrot and have been drooling over them and planning the things that I can do when I can see properly again. I'm having thoughts of a rainbow quilt. :idea:

Miss you all
Old 08-17-2011, 08:41 PM

I took Shane and Owen to the fair today and while I was walking my left knee popped on me, by the time I got home I could hardly walk on my leg at all, my knee was so swollen.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:42 PM

Mike will be thrilled with all your kind messages. He is the greatest of husbands and is looking after me well. You can see why I am keeping him. :thumbup:

Your messages will cheer him up as he worries himself silly when I am not doing too good.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Juli
I took Shane and Owen to the fair today and while I was walking my left knee popped on me, by the time I got home I could hardly walk on my leg at all, my knee was so swollen.
Juli, that sounds very painful. Ice packs on it should help as well as a pain killers. You take care and get your little ones to help you. They will enjoy it!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 PM

Just got home late tonight, on the road 14 hours with a few pit stops, and found a package from my SP NanaKathy55 and had to get on to post a thank you. She sent some really cute hand made items she made(-Kathy you are so crafty!)an angel, a set of note cards, a quilt block that looks like a Christmas present, a tie on pocket with some extra compartments, also some vintage notions, heat'n'bond, a set of a variety of teal fabrics and yardage of a print with tiny multicolored flowers, and a pattern set called chicken coop with several chicken themed patterns for wall hangings/mimi quilts.

Saw that several are having health problems, hope everyone is getting better.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM

Gday, who lives in OH 44262, your parcel is on it way, sorry but it will take a week +, as it is coming from Australia. Hope to hear when you receive it. thanks :)
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 PM

Hurrah! Patience pays off. I received my squishy today and it was full of wonderful things! I received 5 pieces of fabric, green and autumn themed (my favs), a magnetic notepad, a box of Hot Tamales and a bag of doggy treats for my 2 doxies! 30 seconds after the package was opened, the hubs and I were munching on the candy and the dogs were chowing on the treats! Can't wait to make something with the awesome fabric! Thanks, NCquilter and Roxie!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243362.jpe  
Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 PM

Looks like many are receiving some pretty COOL stuff!! what Fun! THis month was my first swap...CAN"T wait for SEPT. WAS so much fun to search for just the right treasure. Quilters are very generous folks!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Juli
Ok Juli we'll add you to the walking wounded list. hope you feel better soon.