Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-19-2011, 10:41 AM

I enjoy looking at quilt magazines regardless of their age. Then I pass them on to others to enjoy.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by shelrox
Thank you, I have started acupuncture, manipulation and gemmotherapy and something is finally breaking the cycle. Between Fibromyalgia, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and the Migraines life gets very difficult to deal with and I really enjoy this board and the swaps.

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Shelrox I hope you get some relief from those migraines soon.
I have suffered with migraines for 15 years, since I was 18 years old. I was diagnosed with epilepsy after I suddenly started having grand mal seizures. I usually only have migraines after I have my seizures,if I am stressed out about something, I will have one, of course, that's what will usually trigger one of my seizures too.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:00 PM

I am in awwww, so grateful for my Firmie! It came yesterday while I was at work and I had to wait ntil today to pick it up...But was it ever worth it!!!!!!! BIG THANKS to dconroy84, what a generous package it is!

I recieved so many FQ's and 2 panels for a new great Niece/nephew to come in Dec, they are beautiful! Plus some extra yellow and brown fabric FQ''s, a wonderful book, PP's for when I travel, and more Reese chocolate than I could eat in a year!!! Amazing! (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Thank you so much!!!!

TheFirmie! WOW!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243975[/ATTACH]

The Panels!!! WOW WOW!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243976[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243969.jpe   attachment-243970.jpe  
Old 08-19-2011, 01:03 PM

My SP should have received her package today at 11:52 A.M. Unfortunately I forgot to put the card in that I had made for you, My name and username are on the specially printed shipping lable. Hope you enjoy the package.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 PM

Ok DH is laughing at me, he treated me to Olive Garden for lunch, went and did some errands and came home and checked hte mail box, no package. Came up to the house and went all over the front porch and nothing, :( He is laughing at me saying Oh so sorry honey they just dont love you liek I do. He is a piece of work, if it were hunting surprises then he would understand.

Also Juli I have a friend that suffers the same as you and it is awful to watch her go through it. I even told my DD in California yesterday to send me her migraine for she has to work and take care of the gran babies so I can take her pain. She refused to share but I am willing to take others pain to help them even for aday!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:24 PM

for someone like me I would like books or quilt books,I read a lot and don't have many quilt books. Good idea. crafty grammie
Old 08-19-2011, 01:26 PM

Thanks to Pat (aka Selfhunter) for the great squishie I came home to after vacation. She sent 'I love my cat' and kitty fabrics (so cute) plus treats for my kitty Sassy. It was so nice of her to remember my crazy cat. Here is a picture of her waiting for me to open the bag. She sent me a bag of Werthers and also fat quarters in my favorite colors of green and yellow, a pattern to make a checkbook cover (which I really need) and a charm pack of Winterscape prints, perfect for a Christmas tablerunner.
Thanks so much, Pat, everything will either get used in a project or eaten!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244031.jpe   attachment-244032.jpe   attachment-244033.jpe  
Old 08-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Swap Hosts

What terrific packages. Obviously VERRRRY good things come to those who wait!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:02 PM

Jumping up and down, waving hand... I GOT MINE !! What a wonderful package from Momo! Will post pic tomorrow. Beautiful green fabric, machine needles and a used needle case.. greatly needed, Thimble which I didn't have any. sissors, straight pins and 2 quilting magazines!! I love it all! Thanks so much Momo..
Old 08-19-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Gingerly I walk to the computer and sit down to tell you thank you for the good healing vibes sent my way, I think they must be helping as I am feeling alittle better! Not great but better! Thank you all for your concern. The packages have been flying right and left around the world and they look great. I think that I idea of taking a picture of what you send before you ship it off is a good one. That way if your sp doesn't have a camera or doesn't know how to post a picture you could post it for them. It's a win win situation. I don't think you should post them before your sp gets the package though. That way they get the fun of showing what they got if they are able to do so. I am sending a couple of books that I have received here, I read them and enjoyed them so much that I would like to allow someone else to have that pleasure also. Would that be a problem with anyone?
Taking a picture before you send it is a great idea ! I am without a camera right now ( had to borrow mine to my daughter) I wish I could show you the wonderful package I recieved from gigi07. fabric,candy,notions galore. Thank you gigi07 !!!!