Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Quilting in the New Year Swap >

July Quilting in the New Year Swap

July Quilting in the New Year Swap

Old 08-03-2011, 03:39 PM

I have a new picture clue for lindyline. Tomorrow I am off to buy some buttons. (ignore the purple/blue floral in the back ground - thats my ironing board :-P )
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236018.jpe  
Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 PM

Yeah thanks. Great clue there. All I see are two different sized blocks. Very nice blocks mind you, but how's that meant to help????

Hey good job. Keep it up. My finger and thumb have finally completely healed, and I've recovered from the birthday celebrations. Yes I did eat lots of cake, and there's still more in the freezer. So now I can get back to the sewing. And yes it was my birthday and according to my 4 children I am now 'officially' old. Hmmmfh I don't feel old.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:00 PM

Glad you are better Lindyline. If you are old then that means you are better for quilters only get better when they age.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:05 PM

Now thanks Bonnie. What I said was kids think I'm old. In my mind I'm still only 20. Numerically it's fifty.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline
Yeah thanks. Great clue there. All I see are two different sized blocks. Very nice blocks mind you, but how's that meant to help????
Mwhahahaha
Old 08-03-2011, 04:16 PM

i'm still older than you are sweetie so until you catch up with me....my statement holds true. :)

I thought it was great when I turned 50. To be half a century was one for the books. Not everybody can say that. Think of all the stuff you have accomplished. BTW, When I told my mom when SHE turned 50 that I thought it was great, her reply was: "I am going to stay alive long enough to tell you that when YOU turn 50 and see how YOU like it". She is still alive at 92 and she did remember to tell that to me. She was upset with me when I told her "Yeah, isn't it great?!" :)
Old 08-03-2011, 04:19 PM

LOL!! I know what you mean about your kids. Mine let me know when I was officially "old" too! Happy Birthday to you! Mine is coming up too.

Hey good job. Keep it up. My finger and thumb have finally completely healed, and I've recovered from the birthday celebrations. Yes I did eat lots of cake, and there's still more in the freezer. So now I can get back to the sewing. And yes it was my birthday and according to my 4 children I am now 'officially' old. Hmmmfh I don't feel old.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Good one. I don't mind being fifty one little bit. I tell my kids I've earned every line and every grey hair. Have a friend who's fifty two who has been telling everyone she's thirty-four. And like the good friend I am I keep pointing out that she has an almost thirty year old son and she went to school with my DH. She's really not kidding anybody. Besides that apparently fifty is the new thirty and sixty is the new forty. And your only as young as you feel. So I'm only twenty, and if there's another derisive guffaw from immemother she'll be getting rotten potatoes and coal for Christmas this year. I have an in with Santa and the elves!!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:34 PM

Good one. I don't mind being fifty one little bit. I tell my kids I've earned every line and every grey hair. Have a friend who's fifty two who has been telling everyone she's thirty-four. And like the good friend I am I keep pointing out that she has an almost thirty year old son and she went to school with my DH. She's really not kidding anybody. Besides that apparently fifty is the new thirty and sixty is the new forty. And your only as young as you feel. So I'm only twenty, and if there's another derisive guffaw from immemother she'll be getting rotten potatoes and coal for Christmas this year. I have an in with Santa and the elves!!
:)

Yeah, I always tell my age. Figure there is enough people who know me that know the truth.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:37 PM

I figure the alternative is not so good, so I just go with the numbers. Remember, You are only as old as you feel! ( At least until I look in the mirror. LOL )