Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Quilting in the New Year Swap >

July Quilting in the New Year Swap

July Quilting in the New Year Swap

Old 07-09-2011, 05:27 AM

Welcome to Quilting in the New Year Swap – July 2011

This is a swap that would enable you to be paired up with another ‘Quilting Pal’ and swap a quilted item that each has made. It can be either machine or hand quilted. The Quilting Pals would know who each other is and can chat about their projects throughout the whole month. Projects swapped do not need to be the same item - so you can make whatever you make best. This would just be for July 2011. You would be signing up for one month at a time.

Beginner quilters as well as experienced quilters are invited to join. Every attempt will be made to match you up with a quilter who is at the same level of experience. (If an experienced quilter would like to be matched with a beginner and to be his/her mentor, please let me know.)

If you are international, feel free to join!

If you are interested in joining, please send me a Private message with the following information.

Screen Name:
Address:
Level of Quilting Experience:
Can you mail international?
Type of Project you'd like to make:
Do you smoke or have in house Pets:
Allergies:

This form will be given to your swap partners. Partners may choose to exchange additional information about such things as color preferences, specific type of project, etc. Partners are reminded that this is a swap. Please avoid issuing too many specifications as though you were placing an order with a commercial business. The elements of mystery and surprise are at least half the fun.

The cost limit on this is to be $15 (USA) excluding postage.

Sign up will close July 18, 2011. The names will be paired up by July 19, 2011. Partners are responsible for keeping in touch during the month to keep each other updated on the progress of the project. Anyone not completing and sending projects - will be given a poor swap rating and not be able to participate in this swap in the future,

All of the standard rules that apply to swaps apply. The rules were updated on 8 Dec 2010, so please make sure to check them before signing up.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

In addition:
Neither project will be sent out/exchanged until both are done. Partners will agree on a specific date on which each will put their package into the mail. Unless otherwise agreed by both partners, the projects should all be done and in the mail by August 25, 2011. You must notify coordinator when all items have been shipped and received so records can be updated.

This project has been approved by PatriceJ.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...cnum=181#15312
Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 AM

Permit me to suggest a small hostess gift would be appropriate
for Dee. I have her address.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 AM

I have never done a swap at this site, question, how to put a $$$ amount on the item, if I don't feel its value is worth that much may I include a new magazine? calla
Old 07-09-2011, 06:42 AM

Is there a location at this board to view pictures of previous swaps? To get an ideas? Haven't swaped very much before and never here...........calla I wouldn't want to bite off more than I can chew or disappoint anyone..........calla
Old 07-09-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Permit me to suggest a small hostess gift would be appropriate
for Dee. I have her address.
I know that I'll be sending her something. Of course if I wait until August I can call it a birthday present. Yep that's right. She has a birthday in August. :)
Old 07-09-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by calla
Is there a location at this board to view pictures of previous swaps? To get an ideas? Haven't swaped very much before and never here...........calla I wouldn't want to bite off more than I can chew or disappoint anyone..........calla
Calla - don't worry about the $ value on the item. We are all just having so much fun swapping what we make best. People have swapped anything from quilt blocks, purses, sweatshirts, sewing bags, pin cushions, wall hangings, table toppers, mug rugs, or anything that you sew the best. You will not disappoint someone with your project. And yes - some people have added goodies with their projects. It's all ok. You are talking to your partner about what you may want to make ( or some have just decided to surprise each other) - so this helps build the confidence that your partner will like what you make.

For pictures you can view any of our previous months.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-128925-1.htm
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-120591-1.htm
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-113069-1.htm
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-104169-1.htm
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-91599-1.htm
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81638-1.htm

Would love to have you join us.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by calla
Hi Calla:

You can do a search under Quilting in the New Year swap and then by whichever month. It started in January. Don't worry about biting off more than you can chew. When you are assigned a partner, you get to decide what to do for each other. Some people do small projects (pot holders, placemats, pin cushions) and some do a little larger (table runners, small wall hangings). Some do eye glass cases and some even just exchange blocks. It is up to you and your partner to decide what to do. You do NOT have to do the same thing either.

Please join us. If it would make you feel better, I would volunteer to be your partner. I know that we can work out something for you to make that would make you comfortable doing and not over stressful.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:36 AM

Here are 3 pieces I have made for this swap. Small, but a fun way to experiement.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223482.jpe   attachment-223483.jpe   attachment-223484.jpe  
Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Here are 3 pieces I have made for this swap. Small, but a fun way to experiement.
I love those Dotty! They are so cheerie. Did you get tired of doing circles? :)
Old 07-09-2011, 07:48 AM

Bonni,
I make yo yos sitting around our NY Quilting Bee meetings,
when there is nothing else to hand sew. Then when I get a pile of them I can play! Dotty