Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom! >

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

Old 10-24-2011, 09:08 PM

so glad to hear you are ok sounds like you did everything by the book good for you thinking on you feet hope they find the guys.. be safe
Old 10-24-2011, 09:08 PM

Jim's Gem

THAT IS ALSO A GREAT SUGGESTION! I'd heard of that and forgot about it.

Lots of noise to draw attention to at home!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Highmtn
Your boxer sounded like a great dog! I agree... I will not let pets suffer.

Speaking of white faces... *sigh*. I hear you on that...
Oh they are so precious!!! My Bubba had a perfect white heart on the back of his neck. He was good to all the other animals. I even had a baby groundhog that hung on his big jaws and he didn't bother it.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:09 PM

If you have a key that locks your car...and a horn that honks when you press the lock.. look for a small red button on your key. That's the panic button..and your horn will sound off fast, repetitious and loud.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:10 PM

Keep us up to date. So glad you have a gun. Keep it close. People are so crazy and drugs makes them crazier.

Be safe.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:12 PM

I left one light on in the diningroom. My night light in the bathroom is always on. Turned the livingroom lights out except for my puter I'm on. And put stuff up at the door next to the bedroom. Boy they will make a bang if they come in that door. I made a big mess trying to get stuff at it in the dark. giggle I'll have to straighten it up better tomorrow.

I may try to go lay down a bit. I'm afraid I'll have a big headache in the morning if I stay on here to late. It's really brite on my eyes. I'll let everyone know how the night went when I wake up.

And thanks for the prayers!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I am sorry that this has happened. I wouldn't be going to sleep either. I think that you handled it very well!!!!

Do you have a "Panic Alarm" button for your car? Are your neighbors close enough to hear that??? One suggestion I had heard from sheriffs around here is to hit your panic alarm so that your car goes off. It causes lots of noise and will frequently scare someone off. But if you are too far out on your own it may not. In my neighborhood 20 neighbors would hear it.
Be safe!!!!
Gayle, I don't know if it has a panic alarm or not. I'll have to check that out tomorrow.
You don't have to wait until tomorrow. If your keys are available to you where you are, just look at the key fob and it will have an alarm symbol on it. If so, just hit it. If your car goes off, you have one, if it doesn't you may not. Once the alarm goes off on your test just hit the button again, I think, to turn it off. or maybe it's the door lock key.
It was recommended that if you have a bedroom near the front of the house or near where the car is that you sleep with your key fob so that you can set off the alarm if you hear something suspicious
Old 10-24-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Highmtn
If you have a key that locks your car...and a horn that honks when you press the lock.. look for a small red button on your key. That's the panic button..and your horn will sound off fast, repetitious and loud.
Ok, I'll do that right now! Thanks!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:17 PM

I wished we could trust people but with all the rotten "apples" out there you were probably right. Sounds too fishy. Glad you're safe and hope they don't come back.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:27 PM

Betty...
I was just telling my hub about your dilemma and he made a very good point.

Given how UNEASY you are feeling he said it's not unreasonable for you to call the police back again (not 911, but their backline) and tell them you're REALLY UPSET...and worried this weirdo could have attempted to enter your out buildings and would they come out and check the place out.

I used to be a patient advocate, and if I couldn't get a hold of my patients I could call for a "health and welfare" check and the police would to out and check their property looking for them.

I would not hesitate to call the police back and have them walk your place. You will surely FEEL BETTER if you do that.

Heck.. I got the "heebie-heebies" for you! As some have already suggested. I'll keep you in my prayers tonight.

Off to bed for me...

Huggies..

Felicia