Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March to June 2016 Wall Hanging Swap >

March to June 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

March to June 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 03-30-2016, 10:36 AM

If a swapper wants to give my wh as a gift I view that as a compliment. The think it is good enough to give as a gift to someone they care about.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:40 AM

I would never have a problem with someone re-gifting a WH I made.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:14 PM
Power Poster

I am totally fine with regifting. It would make me sad if it got dumped. Together with others I make donation quilts for preemies and we have used many orphan blocks to make the smallest baby quilts for donation. The tiny quilts are precious and bring joy to the small recipients and their families.

As always I appreciate your thoughts and morsels of wisdom. Thank you Rhonda!
Old 03-30-2016, 01:57 PM

I too like the idea!!
Old 03-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Once I give something away, it is no longer mine and I have no say in what anyone wants to do with it. I understand that what I make may not be to the liking of everyone. If anything I make eventually finds a home and gives joy to someone, wonderful!

It is better to find someone who likes the piece and enjoys it rather than being stuffed in a drawer and never enjoyed.

Lists can't hurt and when stumped for something to do a list can be helpful. I am open to anything that can be both fun and helpful.
peace
Old 03-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

How about anyone who wants to can write a short paragraph including their favorite color combos and any suggestions for wall hangings. Or any tips they'd like to pass on such as labels / hangers/

I can include the writer's name or not.
since it isn't a partnership swap then the names are not that important but if you want to make a comment about something someone said in their paragraph it might be nice to address that person.

We can view it as an Inspiration List a place to get new ideas. you can continue to add to the list as often as you like.

If you want to do this I'd rather have the paragraphs in a pm than on the thread.

Last edited by Rhonda; 03-30-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:32 PM

I have no problem posting my preferences / dislikes on the thread ... but would do a PM also ... whichever is easiest.

I know that in the monthly secret swap there is a list of questions that we answer so the person who gets your name can get you something that you like / want (all for under $10) ... you could use some of those questions as well, I'm sure.

Like Ube and others have posted - I have no issues about something I have swapped with someone going to someone else. While my dad and I live in the same house, when I showed him the recent one I got from Kassaundra - the peacock in the window - he instantly said he wanted it in his office. I had a different place in mind, but that empty space will go for the next swap!
Old 03-31-2016, 08:10 AM

Rhonda, I had an idea. I just visited the profile page of member because I was looking for ideas of something to send to her in a swap and she really had a lot of good information listed. Things like her favorite colors, her least favorite colors, fabrics that she collects, coffee or tea; I am sure you get the idea.

Then I visited a profile page of someone in this group and there was basically no information about them.

What if we all spend the time that we would spend sending you a PM and use that time to update our profile pages.

Just a crazy thought.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Rhonda, I had an idea. I just visited the profile page of member because I was looking for ideas of something to send to her in a swap and she really had a lot of good information listed. Things like her favorite colors, her least favorite colors, fabrics that she collects, coffee or tea; I am sure you get the idea.

Then I visited a profile page of someone in this group and there was basically no information about them.

What if we all spend the time that we would spend sending you a PM and use that time to update our profile pages.

Just a crazy thought.
No not crazy. I think it is a good idea.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:17 PM

AnokaQuilter that is the 1st place I go when I get a partner's name. Always makes me sad when they don't have it filled out with likes, dislikes, color, etc. It's so much easier when they do.
With this swap it really doesn't pertain unless you've made a couple and it helps you choose because when we get the name, we're suppose to be able to mail immediately. I still think it would be a very good idea if ladies would fill out that profile though.