Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Wall Hanging Swap for March - June 2017

Blog Entries

Wall Hanging Swap for March - June 2017

Welcome to our Wall Hanging Swap!

You have 4 months to make a wall hanging of your choice.

Size and Type of Wall Hanging:

A wall hanging should be smaller than a lap quilt but larger than a mug rug.
    You can use any technique/ any style / any colors.
    Embellishments are a fun way to add to your wall hanging if you like

There is no deadline.
    The Sign Up list is just to see who is interested in joining us.
    But please remember that the only list that counts is the Ready to Mail list at the end of the 4 month swap.

Ready to Mail list

Ready to Mail list will be posted the middle of June.
    If you are not on this list you will not get an address to send to.
    Deadline - MIDNIGHT central time last day of June 2017

I Need:
    Please send me an updated info even if you have been swapping with me for awhile. I seem to be missing some info I need.

Real name
    your address
    send international or not
    Allergy info
    Pet and smoking information
    Would like an email address
    Phone number would be appreciated

As long as you have a wall hanging ready to mail by the last day of February you can join us any time!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Addresses Sent Out:

I will be sending addresses to each swapper at midnight of the last day of June!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will then send your wall hanging to the quilter who's address you get.
    You will receive from a differant quilter than the one you send to.

This is not a partner swap.

IMPORTANT:

Please send me a pm when you mail and when you receive!!
    Only those who send me a pm to let me know they are ready to mail will be on the mailing list.
    Anyone who is not done on time may enter theirs in the next swap.

Please Post Pics of:

Your fabrics
    Embellishments you are using
    Progress pictures
    Finished wall hanging - since noone knows who gets what -not even me-there is no surprise ruined by posting your pictures.

Prewashing or not is up to you

I hope you decide to join us and have a lot of fun!!

Please make sure to read the general rules that apply to all swaps here at the Quilting Board:http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

Blog Entries
    I am happy to play again.

Has everyone received from the last swap. Just curious?

The snow storm in my area wasn't quite as bad as other locations so I feel happy about that. The call was for 2' of snow and we only got 7- 8", not much wind and didn't loose power. What a relief.

peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I don't think the person I was sending to received hers yet.

I am in again too!!!

I'm going to try again. I was so sorry I had to drop out this last time.

I am in again.

I'm in again too. Wish all the gals that showed interest in this swap last session would have followed through. It is fun and you have four months to create a work of art
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    It is always a little disappointing when you see a nice list of swappers and then not follow through for what ever the reason may be. Those that stay in the game truely enjoy the the doing and commit themselves to the swap. Some of us make the rounds in a lot of swaps.

Come play!
    peace

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I'll be in again but won't start on it until we get back to Wyoming for the summer. I haven't received from the last swap yet so hopefully it will be here before we leave.

Blog Entries
    Just so you all know jaba's wh was mailed on Mar. 3 so it is in the mail. but it is coming from Australia so it may take longer than most.

I am going to see if we can track it. I'll let you know. I'm so sorry jaba that you have to wait so long.

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    It is always a little disappointing when you see a nice list of swappers and then not follow through for what ever the reason may be. Those that stay in the game truely enjoy the the doing and commit themselves to the swap. Some of us make the rounds in a lot of swaps.

Come play!
    peace
    Quote Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
    I'm in again too. Wish all the gals that showed interest in this swap last session would have followed through. It is fun and you have four months to create a work of art
    Sorry to be such a disappointment to you. Being sick with bronchitis for over 6 weeks was no fun, I can assure you. I guess I'd better reconsider this swap so I don't disappoint anyone again. I think this is the first time EVER in a swap that I was unable to follow through.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Rhonda for the update! I figured it was on the way just wanted to keep it up to date and figured my partner had sent. It certainly will be very special when it arrives. Belfry you are certainly not a disappointment!! None of us know when the "bug" is going to bite......I certainly have been there myself

Blog Entries
    Belfry I set this swap up so you can join in and if you aren't ready on time you are not letting anyone down. You can use that wh you were working on and join in the next swap.

This way noone is left without a wh. and when there has been an oops and something fell through as in a wh that went missing in the mail I have several angels that love to jump in and help out so everyone gets a wh. tho international can be a waiting game.

So jump in and get to sewing and if you are ready on time then great!! and if you need more time to finish then join in the next swap!

I hope you feel free to play with us!! we have some great swappers in this swap!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Sorry to be such a disappointment to you. Being sick with bronchitis for over 6 weeks was no fun, I can assure you. I guess I'd better reconsider this swap so I don't disappoint anyone again. I think this is the first time EVER in a swap that I was unable to follow through.
    Belfrybat. You are not a disappointment. My comment was intended to do the exact opposite, I am sorry for any mis communication. I was trying to explain that sometimes things do get top priorities over a little quilt. Usually most things do. I am sorry if I disappointed you. I meant that whatever reason anyone needed to drop out, it is sad that they had to. I am so, so sorry. If I did damage to the swap I will drop out. I meant no harm.
    Peace

Blog Entries
    Ube you didn't damage the swap. Everything is fine. I'm sure Belfry and others understand now that this is a forgiving swap. There is no pressure to get done at any particular time. We all understand life gets in the way and that is why I set this swap up so noone is left hanging. If a swapper isn't ready by mailing time they can use their WH in the next swap. So no pressure!

Sorry too Belfry that you thought it meant you. It didn't. It was just a statement that so many show interest in the first few weeks then forget or things get in the way. It isn't intended as a slam to you or to anyone else. I just think it would be so much more fun with lots of little wall hangings being sent around.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Well the weather is breaking here in Pa and we enjoyed 66 degrees today. The Wood Ducks are making daily trips to the big pond and my miniature window sill rose is showing signs of liking the warmer weather.

Name:  DSC07811.JPG
Views: 380
Size:  112.8 KB

Here is a bit of the Yellow Rose of Texas to keep us in good cheer this fine day.
    Name:  DSC07823.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  95.3 KB

peace to all

Um, hello Ube ... There is no snow there? I still have 2 feet ... we got another 15 cm yesterday LOL

Blog Entries
    We had about 8" last week and most of it is gone now except for some shady patches. Frogs started to sing again. When does spring like weather get to you in Ontario?

End of April usually! I live in a valley, so we always get at least one more snowfall some time in April!

I just got back from walking the dog, and it's -13 with the windchill with freezing rain in the forecast for the afternoon!

Hello ladies, I am in for this swap. I have never done a wall hanging before but I would like to give it a shot, I will go to my local quilting shop and ask for assistance in how to do this. If I don't get it done in time for June then I will continue and use it for the next swap.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Armylady2012. The possibilities are endless as to what you can make. Using your local shop for assistance is a great way to help you get started if you are not sure. Don't hesitate to ask questions right here too. Have fun and keep updating your progress. We all like to see what each other is up to.
    peace

Ube quilting, Thank you for your encouragement. I have only done mug rugs and FPC swaps. Could you perhaps direct me to where I could find some patterns or do you have some you could share. Any assistance from any swapper will be greatly appreciated. I am not an imaginative person so It is easier if I have a pattern to go by. I have only been sewing for about 3 years and I am still learning. Thank you again.

Armylady - the sky is the limit!!! Well, actually there are some limits in sizing LOL but otherwise, it's a free for all in design, shape, etc. If you look through previous threads under the swap, you'll see some awesome examples of wall hangings!

Ube got one of mine that was likely way to big for a wall hanging, but I got carried away!!!! (remember that one Ube? with the embroidered flowers LOL)

Welcome, and just be as creative as you want to be!

MarionsQuilts, Thank you I will go and check them out.

Not yet signing up as I am not sure how my time schedule looks. I will be following this thread and might join later. It is good to see everyone.
    Anna Quilts

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast