Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Wall Hanging Swap for March - June 2017 >

Wall Hanging Swap for March - June 2017

Wall Hanging Swap for March - June 2017

Old 03-23-2017, 04:28 PM

Thank you Rhonda for the update! I figured it was on the way just wanted to keep it up to date and figured my partner had sent. It certainly will be very special when it arrives. Belfry you are certainly not a disappointment!! None of us know when the "bug" is going to bite......I certainly have been there myself
Old 03-24-2017, 01:20 AM
Power Poster

Belfry I set this swap up so you can join in and if you aren't ready on time you are not letting anyone down. You can use that wh you were working on and join in the next swap.

This way noone is left without a wh. and when there has been an oops and something fell through as in a wh that went missing in the mail I have several angels that love to jump in and help out so everyone gets a wh. tho international can be a waiting game.

So jump in and get to sewing and if you are ready on time then great!! and if you need more time to finish then join in the next swap!

I hope you feel free to play with us!! we have some great swappers in this swap!!
Old 03-24-2017, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Sorry to be such a disappointment to you. Being sick with bronchitis for over 6 weeks was no fun, I can assure you. I guess I'd better reconsider this swap so I don't disappoint anyone again. I think this is the first time EVER in a swap that I was unable to follow through.
Belfrybat. You are not a disappointment. My comment was intended to do the exact opposite, I am sorry for any mis communication. I was trying to explain that sometimes things do get top priorities over a little quilt. Usually most things do. I am sorry if I disappointed you. I meant that whatever reason anyone needed to drop out, it is sad that they had to. I am so, so sorry. If I did damage to the swap I will drop out. I meant no harm.
Peace
Old 03-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

Ube you didn't damage the swap. Everything is fine. I'm sure Belfry and others understand now that this is a forgiving swap. There is no pressure to get done at any particular time. We all understand life gets in the way and that is why I set this swap up so noone is left hanging. If a swapper isn't ready by mailing time they can use their WH in the next swap. So no pressure!
Old 03-24-2017, 06:26 PM

Sorry too Belfry that you thought it meant you. It didn't. It was just a statement that so many show interest in the first few weeks then forget or things get in the way. It isn't intended as a slam to you or to anyone else. I just think it would be so much more fun with lots of little wall hangings being sent around.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Well the weather is breaking here in Pa and we enjoyed 66 degrees today. The Wood Ducks are making daily trips to the big pond and my miniature window sill rose is showing signs of liking the warmer weather.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]570373[/ATTACH]

Here is a bit of the Yellow Rose of Texas to keep us in good cheer this fine day.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]570374[/ATTACH]

peace to all
Attached Thumbnails dsc07811.jpg   dsc07823.jpg  
Old 03-25-2017, 02:22 PM

Um, hello Ube ... There is no snow there? I still have 2 feet ... we got another 15 cm yesterday LOL
Old 03-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

We had about 8" last week and most of it is gone now except for some shady patches. Frogs started to sing again. When does spring like weather get to you in Ontario?
Old 03-26-2017, 07:16 AM

End of April usually! I live in a valley, so we always get at least one more snowfall some time in April!

I just got back from walking the dog, and it's -13 with the windchill with freezing rain in the forecast for the afternoon!
Old 03-26-2017, 08:04 AM

Hello ladies, I am in for this swap. I have never done a wall hanging before but I would like to give it a shot, I will go to my local quilting shop and ask for assistance in how to do this. If I don't get it done in time for June then I will continue and use it for the next swap.