Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-24-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I found one of those Suzanne summers thigh buster things at the thrift shop for .50 cents. I used it and it's hard to squeeze that thing with my flabby thighs. I am almost afraid it might pop out and hurt someone. LOL!!
Oh that was some kind of visual!!! LOL!!

Missy
Old 01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

I haven't been here all day and I had tons to read.

Carrie that thigh master is great I have one too. It is dual purpose it works on you thigh muscles and also you know longer have to do kegel(SP?) exercises for blader control. It works all the muscles up your whoha. It will make everything nice and tight up there (or so I have read) Keep doing it in a few weeks your husband will notice the difference. It will be like a virgin again. lol
Old 01-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Missy I did order them on line Sat but the sale may be over. Check it out and see. I was thrilled to find it as that really is a great price for 4 of them. Good luck.

Everybody, keep on keeping on..... I had a grilled cheese and a small slice of ham for dinner. It was so good but for some reason it has made me feel "greasy" as my Grandmother used to say when she felt yucky after eating something. My hubby ate ham and he doesn't feel yucky so it must have been my grilled cheese. He didn't eat one, he had greens and sweet potatoe with his ham. hhhmmmmm

There is still no news on James. The family now is praying for his body to be found. This is very hard on his parents, siblings and grandparents. It's so sad. Bless his heart. Your prayers are so much appreciated. Please continue to pray for strength for the family to endure this situation and to have peace. Good night. Hugs, Sandy
Old 01-24-2011, 07:47 PM

OMG you guys!! CNN just announced that Taco Bell is being sued by the Alabama State Attorney General because their "beef mixture" does not meet the minimum requirements set by the USDA. The mixture is less than 35% BEEF!! This grosses me out. We, as consumers, need to stand up and demand truth in advertising and, for the sake of our heath, a better product.

Grrr! This kind of thing drives me nuts.

Missy
Old 01-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
OMG you guys!! CNN just announced that Taco Bell is being sued by the Alabama State Attorney General because their "beef mixture" does not meet the minimum requirements set by the USDA. The mixture is less than 35% BEEF!! This grosses me out. We, as consumers, need to stand up and demand truth in advertising and, for the sake of our heath, a better product.

Missy
Gross! I'm never eating there again. Tho I can't tell you when the last time was that I ate there. I like their bean burrito's. Please don't tell me it's not beans!! LOL!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
Gross! I'm never eating there again. Tho I can't tell you when the last time was that I ate there. I like their bean burrito's. Please don't tell me it's not beans!! LOL!
I do not know about the beans but I know if it says beef---I am OUTA THERE! Ewww.

Missy
Old 01-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned

I burned the entire top of my foot with 32 oz of boiling water. Joyce has this house like a a** hole. She has crap from one end to the other. I made a cup of tea in my new 32oz mug. I went to put it on the coffee table and since I AM NOT ALLOWED to touch her stuff the mug slid off the table and the entire thing spilled on my foot. It wasn't as if the tea was sitting there for a few minutes it was just made. I am pissed, who needs 8 nail polishes, 3 bottles of remover, sun glasses, various BIG puffy feather and rose headbands, nail files, pumis stones and every other crap thing you could think of on a coffee table in the living room for weeks on end. My foot is killing me. I have ice on it. The burn is about 4 inches wide. From where my foot is attached to my leg down to the toes and on boths sides. I can't stand the pain. It was as red as a lobster. And what was Joyce's reaction???????????? It isn't going to kill you. I guess I am not sleeping tonight.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I burned the entire top of my foot with 32 oz of boiling water. Joyce has this house like a a** hole. She has crap from one end to the other. I made a cup of tea in my new 32oz mug. I went to put it on the coffee table and since I AM NOT ALLOWED to touch her stuff the mug slid off the table and the entire thing spilled on my foot. It wasn't as if the tea was sitting there for a few minutes it was just made. I am pissed, who needs 8 nail polishes, 3 bottles of remover, sun glasses, various BIG puffy feather and rose headbands nail files, pumis stones and everty other crap thing you could think of on a coffee table in the living room for weeks on end. My foot is killing me. I have ice on it. The burn is about 4 inches wide. From where my foot is attached to my leg down to the toes and on boths sides. I can't stand the pain. It was as red as a lobster. I guess I am not sleeping tonight.
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how painful that is. Do you have any triple antibiotic ointment (neosporin) to put on it?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I burned the entire top of my foot with 32 oz of boiling water. Joyce has this house like a a** hole. She has crap from one end to the other. I made a cup of tea in my new 32oz mug. I went to put it on the coffee table and since I AM NOT ALLOWED to touch her stuff the mug slid off the table and the entire thing spilled on my foot. It wasn't as if the tea was sitting there for a few minutes it was just made. I am pissed, who needs 8 nail polishes, 3 bottles of remover, sun glasses, various BIG puffy feather and rose headbands nail files, pumis stones and everty other crap thing you could think of on a coffee table in the living room for weeks on end. My foot is killing me. I have ice on it. The burn is about 4 inches wide. From where my foot is attached to my leg down to the toes and on boths sides. I can't stand the pain. It was as red as a lobster. I guess I am not sleeping tonight.
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how painful that is. Do you have any triple antibiotic ointment (neosporin) to put on it?
Heads up about Neosporin (as learned from my Dermatologist) - 1) a lot, yes a lot, of people are actually allergic to one of the ingredients in Neosporin. 2) Neosporin is not necessary unless you actually have an infection. It will not prevent infection. 3) you will get the same healing qualities from Vasoline, which provides a moist barrier that promotes healing (which is actually all that Neosporin is doing unless you do have an infection & are one of the few not allergic to it). 4) keeping the wound moist is "new school" and actually provides a better environment for new cell growth & less inviting than a dried wound scabbed over & trapping in the bacteria.

I never would have believed it if this was not what my doctor preached to me as the required wound care for skin cancer surgery on my shin. 1 year later when I was in a motorcycle accident & burned my leg on the exhaust pipe, I immediately started covering the burn with Vasoline & when I saw the doctor 4 days later he was very pleased with what I had done & how the burn was healing.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 PM

Trupeach1,
Who is Joyce and why is she such a thorn in your side?