Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 AM

Hello all,
    Hope everyone is staying strong. I am just checking in. Still havn't weighed but my clothes are a lot looser.Anxious to see what I have lost at the end of the month, I have only had a couple of bad eating days so I am hopeful.Only a couple bad days is very good for me especially when I am stressed and latley work is pushing me over the edge!

Stay Strong,
    Rae
    Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 AM

Just back from the doctor, now to go along with the arthritis and bursitis I have tendonitis. Didn't give me anything for the pain, which is making it hard to breathe, but did give me a prescription for Prednisone. Gonna be a long couple days.
    Old 01-24-2011, 11:48 AM

Holy crap! The food industry has been busted again. Kelloggs is using FAKE blueberries in some of their cereals and some of their baked goods.

http://www.slashfood.com/2011/01/24/...aolshare_email

Pay close attention to the following in the article:

"If you turn over a Frosted Mini Wheats Blueberry Muffin box, touting fresh blueberries on the front, you'll find an ingredients list with an item called "blueberry flavored crunchlets." Crunchlets -- a word we hope never becomes official -- is defined as a mix of sugars, soybean oil, red #40 and blue #2. Voilą, blueberry! Minus, of course, those real-deal elements: antioxidants, manganese, vitamins C and E, and dietary fiber."

I think it is astonishing that we are forced to police food companies. Ugh. Pisses me off!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-167236.jpe  
    Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Good evening everyone.

I can't believe it, I got over being sick and then caught a cold when we went to Paducah yesterday. I have been miserable all day and my nose is raw. I have no patience for dealing with my kids today. I just want to crawl in bed and stay there but I can't. I sat at my sewing desk and did mindless sewing while watching Elijah playing.
    Think I will go make a cup of hot cocoa.

Be safe out there!
    I hate colds! I have one too. Yuck. I just made some ricotta and spinach tortilinni. Yummy. I am craving chocolate right now. Maybe I will eat a 50 calorie fudge pop.

Did you guys watch the Green Bay game? Woohoo!! Way to go Green Bay!! My dad is freaking out over the superbowl. It is going to be in Dallas this year and he says that already the local merchants have raised their prices and the cost of gas has skyrocketed. He said that the D/FW international airport is making room for 1000+ private jets during that week. Crazy is what it is!

Oh well. I hope you feel better soon. I am nervous about my surgical consultation on Tuesday for my hernia. I know I need the surgery but sheesh I do get nervous about this stuff.

Have a good night y'all!

Missy
    Go Greenbay!!!! That was so exciting.

Being nervous about a surgical consol. is normal, honey. Sometimes I just get nervous going to the Dr.
    Good luck on Tues.
    Thank you so much Donna. I think I will take one of my anxiety pills before we go to the doctor. I also have to get my blood drawn tomorrow at the psychiatric clinic. There is a federal law that will not allow a pharmacy to dispense my cloziril without a blood level. So, every 4th Tuesday they draw my blood and send the records to the pharmacy. Yuck.

I am going to go take a nap I think. Getting pissed off wears me out. Heh!

Missy
    Old 01-24-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Good evening everyone.

I can't believe it, I got over being sick and then caught a cold when we went to Paducah yesterday. I have been miserable all day and my nose is raw. I have no patience for dealing with my kids today. I just want to crawl in bed and stay there but I can't. I sat at my sewing desk and did mindless sewing while watching Elijah playing.
    Think I will go make a cup of hot cocoa.

Be safe out there!
    I hate colds! I have one too. Yuck. I just made some ricotta and spinach tortilinni. Yummy. I am craving chocolate right now. Maybe I will eat a 50 calorie fudge pop.

Did you guys watch the Green Bay game? Woohoo!! Way to go Green Bay!! My dad is freaking out over the superbowl. It is going to be in Dallas this year and he says that already the local merchants have raised their prices and the cost of gas has skyrocketed. He said that the D/FW international airport is making room for 1000+ private jets during that week. Crazy is what it is!

Oh well. I hope you feel better soon. I am nervous about my surgical consultation on Tuesday for my hernia. I know I need the surgery but sheesh I do get nervous about this stuff.

Have a good night y'all!

Missy
    Go Greenbay!!!! That was so exciting.

Being nervous about a surgical consol. is normal, honey. Sometimes I just get nervous going to the Dr.
    Good luck on Tues.
    Thank you so much Donna. I think I will take one of my anxiety pills before we go to the doctor. I also have to get my blood drawn tomorrow at the psychiatric clinic. There is a federal law that will not allow a pharmacy to dispense my cloziril without a blood level. So, every 4th Tuesday they draw my blood and send the records to the pharmacy. Yuck.

I am going to go take a nap I think. Getting pissed off wears me out. Heh!

Missy
    I call the blood takers, ghouls!!!! Take your nap and feel better.
    Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 PM

Well...I realized today that I may as well give up on this weight loss challenge, pick out a FQ, put it in an envelope & prepare to mail it to the winner.

I.have.done.nothing.in.the.past.24.days.

Don't expect to do anything in the next 7 either that can possibly make up for the past 24.

Between life...illness/medications...more life...husband in hospital...did I mention life?...losing weight was so far on the back burner I think it fell off the back of the stove! LOL Oh well...tomorrow is a new day, there is always a light at the end of my tunnel, and I refuse to believe it is a freight train!! :D Now where is that FQ & envelope???...
    Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 PM

Holy crap! The food industry has been busted again. Kelloggs is using FAKE blueberries in some of their cereals and some of their baked goods.

"If you turn over a Frosted Mini Wheats Blueberry Muffin box, touting fresh blueberries on the front, you'll find an ingredients list with an item called "blueberry flavored crunchlets." Crunchlets -- a word we hope never becomes official -- is defined as a mix of sugars, soybean oil, red #40 and blue #2. Voilą, blueberry! Minus, of course, those real-deal elements: antioxidants, manganese, vitamins C and E, and dietary fiber."

I think it is astonishing that we are forced to police food companies. Ugh. Pisses me off!

Missy
    I think I like adding my own fruit (frozen or fresh) to my cereals... much tastier minus the soy crap and other 26 letter ingredients that I can't pronounce.
    Dr. Norman Walker said if you can't pronounce it don't eat it...
    Old 01-24-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Leota

Missy
    I think I like adding my own fruit (frozen or fresh) to my cereals... much tastier minus the soy crap and other 26 letter ingredients that I can't pronounce.
    Dr. Norman Walker said if you can't pronounce it don't eat it...
    You got that right!!

Missy
    Old 01-24-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Well...I realized today that I may as well give up on this weight loss challenge, pick out a FQ, put it in an envelope & prepare to mail it to the winner.

Don't expect to do anything in the next 7 either that can possibly make up for the past 24.

Between life...illness/medications...more life...husband in hospital...did I mention life?...losing weight was so far on the back burner I think it fell off the back of the stove! LOL Oh well...tomorrow is a new day, there is always a light at the end of my tunnel, and I refuse to believe it is a freight train!! :D Now where is that FQ & envelope???...
    DITTO!!!!
    But I will not stop trying!
    Old 01-24-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by remclave
    Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl

DITTO!!!!
    But I will not stop trying!
    I am with you!! Quitting is not gonna happen!!

Missy