Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 PM

Hi, everyone,
    bronald, have you tried YakTrax? They are wire grippers that work so much better than studs. The studs were like wearing short ice skates and they also threw my gait off.

I am puffy today. That makes it harder to stay on a decent food plan, but tomorrow is another day for all of us.

Carrie, are you taking Vit C? I can't imagine having one thing after another like that.

Tru, thank you for the reminder to pick up some fireplace logs now that I have a 'new' car. Actually, far from new, but it's very nice. 20 below and no electricity would not be good.

Missy, we can commiserate together about going to the Dr. I have my annual check up this week. I'm already dreading it and it's not until Wednesday. Plus he will want to deal with the damage from the accident when I'm a believer in letting my body heal itself, not medicating it.
    Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Irishrose I think what happened was that the antibiotic I was taking just wore my immune system down and when I went shopping it was very easy for me to catch something else. You know some ppl don't know how to cover their mouths and the stores were packed so I'm sure that didn't help.
    Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I blew it.............I was so good all day and now CRAP!!!! I went to wash the dinner dishes. I had to wait for hot water so when I got in the kitchen I was hungry. Now I have a big bowl of salad in the fridg to snack on. Did I take that out? NO!!!!!!!! Instead I saw pancake mix, yes mix and I am a person who doesn't use mix. Joyce bought it so she could make pancakes for herself. The box was sitting right there on the counter. OMG she got the kind that all you do is add water. Nothing easier then that. I didn't measure it just had to look the consistance of pancake batter. So I am still washing dishes and cooking pancakes, well I can't have pancakes without sausage so out come 3 sausage and I pop them in the pan with the pancakes. Well gee I made too much batter. I don't want to be tempted tomorrow with leftover batter I better make them tonight and eat them all. 10 3 inch pancakes later and 3 sausages I am depressed how the heck many calories is 10 pancakes butter and about 1/4 c syrup? On top of that the sausage. What the hell is wrong with me. It was as if I wasn't thinking as if I was posessed by some overwhelming force. I could cry.
    Aww Tru! Hang in there. We all fall off the wagon at times. I do not make pancakes because I eat them when they come off of the pan. So, by the time they should all be done..they are gone! I do not know the calories but I sure know how you feel. Don't cry. Just dust off your skirt and get back on the wagon. It will be okay! Love you girl!!

Missy
    Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    I do not make pancakes because I eat them when they come off of the pan. So, by the time they should all be done..they are gone!
    Isn't that the proper way? If I make waffles, the second ones are timed by how long it takes me to eat the first ones (and so on). High carb foods are my weakness, which is why I do better with Atkins.
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
    I do not make pancakes because I eat them when they come off of the pan. So, by the time they should all be done..they are gone!
    Isn't that the proper way? If I make waffles, the second ones are timed by how long it takes me to eat the first ones (and so on). High carb foods are my weakness, which is why I do better with Atkins.
    Oh my. I am SO glad I am not alone!! Wow. lol

Missy
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Originally Posted by lauriejo
    What a great gift Carrie, we need pics! Weren't you looking for a 5: square template? Did you get one of those?

Oh, and I love the poem!
    Here is your picture. LOL!
    It doesn't show everything but it is close. The books, templets and thread are under the fabric.
    The funny thing is I had to buy a new vaccum today and when I got home I saw the box on my sewing chair and completely forgot about the vaccum. I think it was 2 hours later when I finally remembered the vaccum.
    OMG! How wonderful and how wonderful you are doing this for charity. Way to go, girl. Donna
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Are ready????????/ Are you all sitting down????????// I usually weigh in on Sunday however I decided to do it today. I had gained while Jim was home and this week I really buckled down. Last Sunday I was above me suicide weight of 185 weighing 187 today I am...........181. I lost 6 lbs this week. The only thing is before the holidays I was 180 so it's not really a loss but I will take it anyway. I am back to having to lose 31 more lbs.
    Yay!!!! Good for you, Tru. Keep up the good work. I weigh in tomorrow and I have been good this week after a gain. We shall see.
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by remclave
    I am going to Paducah today. YAY! I am hoping we have time to go to hobby lobby and Hancock's. I've never been to Hancock's. I only live about 45 minutes away from Paducah but I only make it there twice a year. I am looking forward to getting out of this town for the day. I don't travel well so I genenrally stay in this little town.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will check back in this evening.
    Now I feel really blessed! We have TWO Hancock's, a Hobby Lobby and a Joann's. Plus we have that huge "Best Fabrics" warehouse store where I pick up fat quarters for $1.00 each! That $1 is a set price! :D
    I think I'm coming to see you!!!!
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM

Good evening everyone.

I can't believe it, I got over being sick and then caught a cold when we went to Paducah yesterday. I have been miserable all day and my nose is raw. I have no patience for dealing with my kids today. I just want to crawl in bed and stay there but I can't. I sat at my sewing desk and did mindless sewing while watching Elijah playing.
    Think I will go make a cup of hot cocoa.

Be safe out there!
    I hate colds! I have one too. Yuck. I just made some ricotta and spinach tortilinni. Yummy. I am craving chocolate right now. Maybe I will eat a 50 calorie fudge pop.

Did you guys watch the Green Bay game? Woohoo!! Way to go Green Bay!! My dad is freaking out over the superbowl. It is going to be in Dallas this year and he says that already the local merchants have raised their prices and the cost of gas has skyrocketed. He said that the D/FW international airport is making room for 1000+ private jets during that week. Crazy is what it is!

Oh well. I hope you feel better soon. I am nervous about my surgical consultation on Tuesday for my hernia. I know I need the surgery but sheesh I do get nervous about this stuff.

Have a good night y'all!

Missy
    Go Greenbay!!!! That was so exciting.

Being nervous about a surgical consol. is normal, honey. Sometimes I just get nervous going to the Dr.
    Good luck on Tues.
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 AM

You gals are all so precious. We all fall off the wagon, so to speak, and seem to get right back on. It is so difficult sometimes to stay on, especially when you have guests and I've had guests for dinner 3 times in the last 2 weeks. First my bunko group and whoever hosts the bunko cooks a meal and of course, I made Italian. Then my son and family came over and I made more Italian. My granddaughter is getting married in July and she had a tasting party to try the caterer's food and guess what???? Yes, it was Italian and it was at my home. So I've had more pasta in 2 weeks than I normally do. But I have been really good otherwise so I am hoping I lose when I weigh in on Tues.

We are quite a group and I love you all.
    Donna