Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Apple oatmeal sounds good on such a cold day.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Apple oatmeal sounds good on such a cold day.
We are playing with windchills right now about -15* (4:15 CST) and by tomorrow morning it should be around -15* out with windchills around -30 - -40*, so I went into the freezer and dug out some venison stew meat and whomped up the best darndest soup I have ever made, tomatoes, peas, carrots, onions, celery, potatoes, mushrooms and venison. I took out the potatoes and pigged out! And now I am having me a nice glass of wine - to keep my innards nice and warm.

The sky is so beautiful. OK, back to sewing. Edie
Old 01-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Edie that sounds yummy!! Good thing I'm making dinner. Meatless spaghetti w/sauce, French bread and a green salad. Not exactly what I want but the kids eat it up. Think I will make a loaded beef stew tomorrow. If I can get to the store!!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM

Edie that sounds delish! I haven't had vension in decades. We have a "winter advisory" here until tomorrow night. Yuck. Leaving in 10 minutes to take DS to class, hope the highway looks better than my road. I sent a PM to Lisa, and she said she is in a safe place and is okay. I don't know any details, but I will add her to my prayers. Any news about James?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:11 PM

No news today on James. The search is still on. Someone is supposed to come with "special equipment" that can find/detect guns underwater. Since James had his gun he was hunting with on the boat with him. They are hoping if they find the gun, maybe they can find his body. I don't know why they haven't brought this "special equipment" in already. Your thoughts and prayers are so appreciated. Please continue to lift his parents, siblings, and grandparents up in prayer. Thank you!! Hugs to everyone, Sandy
Old 01-20-2011, 07:11 PM

Hey y'all! I am here but have been doing lots of stuff. I am meeting with the governor next week and am trying to gather all the stuff I need so that I do not sound like an idiot.

I am going to the doctor tomorrow because I think my hernia is getting worse. We shall see what the doc has to say.

I met someone special this week. She is a doll BUT I refuse to do what happened with Mike and get my emotions all in a wad over someone. I am taking this slow as molasses! I will update you guys as time progresses between me and this special girl. :)

I am so heartbroken for Sandy and her situation. I hope with all my heart that this works out. *sigh* I just do not know how. Prayers are constant for you and your family!

Tru I am sorry you have been having another bout.

Carrie...I hope you are doing better and that the little man is a happy little guy.

I am having an electrical short in my brain right now so I do not remember all the stuff going on (although there is tons right now) with everyone. Please know I pray for you guys and am so thankful to have you in my life!!

Hugs and kisses!!

Missy

And it is ME on the meds? What the....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164706[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-164701.jpe  
Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
Ok, I'm not weighing every day because... pick any excuse....
Here are pics of my house...They started repair and replace...maybe it's just replace... anyway... here is what it looks like now... I have to have all the "loose stuff" packed into boxes and ready for movers to come and move it out of the house so they can put down the carpet.
right now, you can see the kitchen through my bedroom closet... yea the more they fix, the more damage (black mold) they find... but praise God insurance is covering all of it.
Insurance is a GOOD thing! I keep preaching to my friends that even if you are only renting you NEED insurance! But, sometimes people have to learn the hard way how hard and expensive it is to replace things and repair things. So much cheaper than the insurance is, that is for sure!

Missy
Old 01-20-2011, 07:53 PM

I thank God for the insurance...
this is the 2nd time He has provided the insurance to cover extranaumical (sp) expenses... the 1st time was DH Liver transplant in 1993. God is good
Old 01-20-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Edie that sounds yummy!! Good thing I'm making dinner. Meatless spaghetti w/sauce, French bread and a green salad. Not exactly what I want but the kids eat it up. Think I will make a loaded beef stew tomorrow. If I can get to the store!!
It sure did sound yummy!! We made a huge amount of the Hungry Girl's Mac and Cheese and topped it with a little bit of seasoned panko bread crumbs and I just cannot stop singing the praise of this stuff. It is addicting!

I am making bread tomorrow afternoon. I have a large Kitchenaid that I can make 6 loaves of bread at one time and so I am going to make 6 loaves of challah and give the loaves not eaten to our guests tomorrow night. We have a Texas Hold'em Poker night every Friday. I am thinking of taking pictures of the process and posting them on my blog as a tutorial. I dunno though.

I found out tonight that the cow we have bought will be processed in a few months so we have to do some cooking to use up what we have left to make room for the new beef. A half cow lasts us a year so this will last us a long long time. I am glad though cause it costs a fortune to keep buying meat in the store. Plus the beef we get is so much leaner, especially if I mix in some elk with the beef. Yummy!

Anyway...blah blah blah. I know. Your bored. I will shut up now.

Missy
Old 01-20-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
I thank God for the insurance...
this is the 2nd time He has provided the insurance to cover extranaumical (sp) expenses... the 1st time was DH Liver transplant in 1993. God is good
Yes! He is!

Missy