Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-21-2011, 04:12 PM

Thank you to Karen 924 who managed to send my goodies on my birthday! I really enjoy the reading, the candy, all the fabric. I never made a heart yo yo and I always need thread. A new seam ripper is such a treat too. Thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244944.jpe  
Old 08-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Great packages being received by everyone, love the pin cushions.

Heather, your furbaby looks so happy with the new toy.

Stacey, there doesn't appear to be many Canadians in the SP, is that why no hints of packages heading north??
Old 08-21-2011, 06:27 PM

okay, this will be the 3rd time I have tried to type and send my post our @ having received my package...hopefully 3rd time is a charm!!! SO here goes...

I got a WONDERFUL package from a 'newbie' at swapping. But I'll tell you, Kristin from MN did a great jOB!, I got some hot pink & purple fibers to use on cards, some fat wuarters in my favorite colors, a lime green sticky note pad, some mini Werther's candy (my favorite), she also included some steam-a-seam (don't know how to use th is but I will learn!) and a beautiful Pommergranate applique pattern to use on my Baltimore Quilt. I also got a 'QUILT DIVA' pin to out on my sewing bag, or apron or where ever I decide to out it!!! LOL

THANKS KRISTIN for the great package!
hAVE A GOOD WEEK EVERYONE.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:19 PM

Oh my that pie didn't go very far--I think it's almost gone!!! I shared I didn't eat it all I promise!!! Got 30# of peaches all cut up and ready to make peach and huckleberry jam, and some canned peaches for DD. Today I spent the day at our local fair selling raffle tickets for our guildes quilt spent the whole day there selling tickets and helped teasr down as today was the last day--I got to bring home 3 Blue ribbons I am so jacked!!! I promise to share the jam to!!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 PM

very nice packages are being received.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:41 AM

Hi Sarah,

it's helpful in so far as if it is crossing the English Channel it probably isn't coming to me, unless the PO sends it into mainland Europe first.

I will continue to "watch" looking for any hints, I really have to stay off the bench my waistline just can't take all the goodies on offer.

Canny

Originally Posted by sik1010
Originally Posted by cannyquilter
The question is which shores is it heading for? Could it be UK, have not seen many hints for packages heading my way, although I look every day (at least once).

Canny

arizonagirl and candi, I truly appreciate the strong vote of confidence that you are passing out! I could mention that as far as insanity or craziness goes--it takes one to know one! LOL!

For the stalkers, I sent 2 packages last week--one went South of me and the other left our shores.
Canny, I believe it will cross the English Channel, but they weren't very clear on the route it was taking when I sent it. Is that helpful?
Sarah
Old 08-22-2011, 02:47 AM

Canny,
Like I said, they were vague on the routing of my package--don't know why, but they don't have me in the loop for that. I'll have to clear that up at the local office. See, you don't know if it's crossing to you or around you. We are talking about a government agency delivering mail on this side. LOL!
Two months ago, I had a package come from Washington state, not in the swap, but it went to Minneapolis, Minnesota and then back to Wyoming; came to Indiana and then traveled to Colorado. Ten days later, it came to Michigan and I received a well traveled box. So, since I can't track any that leave these shores, I can only guess at the route.
Is that any help Canny?
The problem with hints for you, is that Tussy already has her package, so we have to be careful with what we say.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:41 AM

I see what you mean, but I don't think Tussy and I are the only Brits involved in the swap. I think Government agencies seem to do things in a way that makes little sense but perhaps that is sothey can claim they are the only one who can do the job!!!

Anyway i will be on the lookout in the next week or so for a package perhaps from you perhaps not. But no bench sitting for me have too many WIPS to finish LOL.

Canny

Canny,
Like I said, they were vague on the routing of my package--don't know why, but they don't have me in the loop for that. I'll have to clear that up at the local office. See, you don't know if it's crossing to you or around you. We are talking about a government agency delivering mail on this side. LOL!
Two months ago, I had a package come from Washington state, not in the swap, but it went to Minneapolis, Minnesota and then back to Wyoming; came to Indiana and then traveled to Colorado. Ten days later, it came to Michigan and I received a well traveled box. So, since I can't track any that leave these shores, I can only guess at the route.
Is that any help Canny?
The problem with hints for you, is that Tussy already has her package, so we have to be careful with what we say.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:44 AM

Oh canny, it sure sounds like that package is coming to you :mrgreen:

Great packages everyone!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:15 AM

Thats what I was thinking Candi .......Am I turning into a stalker?

Canny

Originally Posted by candi
Oh canny, it sure sounds like that package is coming to you :mrgreen:

Great packages everyone!