Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 07-05-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Lori your grandbabies are adorable! I'm always a little jealous when I see all the cute baby pics, I really want grandbabies to spoil! But, my DS is only 19 so I hope it will be a few years lol.
My DS is 30 and married and I'm still waitimg.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Originally Posted by lauriejo
Lori your grandbabies are adorable! I'm always a little jealous when I see all the cute baby pics, I really want grandbabies to spoil! But, my DS is only 19 so I hope it will be a few years lol.
My DS is 30 and married and I'm still waitimg.
It will happen someday!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
I have my SP and she lives 3,406 mi. away. I guess I won't be visiting her. It takes more than 56 hours to her town. Here are some clues, I live in the Atlantic Ocean and her state runs along the Pacific Ocean. We are on opposite sides of the U.S. I really like having a SP far away. It always amazes me, that distance does not matter with the internet. She also likes candy that I have never heard of. That is amazing, since I like candy. Hope you all had a safe and happy 4th.
I like how you put that. . . 3406 miles. I am going to go see how many miles my SP lives away from me.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:10 PM

My SP is clear across the US from me 8-)
Old 07-05-2011, 05:14 PM

Just curious....being new here and all.... do you ever stalk your SP before sending out your squishy? I know we provide suggestions and such prior to our names being swapped but I like to personalize things a little deeper to add to the element of surprise and I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who does this? :)
Old 07-05-2011, 05:15 PM

Lori I think you meant to say the "conservation" commission....not 'coversation' commission *L* just a few transposed letters there...
My SP gift is just about done. I am making a couple of items to put in with it. I won't be mailing it til Friday. I have the boys for 3 days because my DS is working graveyards. He brings them out after he gets off work at 7 am then my DIL picks them up when she gets off work at 5. Makes for a long day for all of us. They won't nap here either so by 3 they are pretty cranky. crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Thank you everyone we had a good time. We went "cabining" which is sort of like camping. The kids had never camped before so we had a fire and roasted hot dogs and of course had to make smores. we caught fireflies. Went fishing, went to the conversation comission to see the stuffed animals. Went to the park and played (I only took pictures) fed the geese and had a picnic. They were only here for 3 days so whew!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Sent my Secret Pal pack today, to the Midwest. I just realized I forgot to add the delivery confirm. so I will hope it gets there! Foolish me!
I live in the midwest!!! could it be me???
Old 07-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by fatsewcat
Just curious....being new here and all.... do you ever stalk your SP before sending out your squishy? I know we provide suggestions and such prior to our names being swapped but I like to personalize things a little deeper to add to the element of surprise and I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who does this? :)
Of course we stalk...Tussymussy and Candi are the worse ones to stalk. lol.Mary
Old 07-05-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by fatsewcat
I did! My SP did not really give a whole lot to go on. So I went through all her posts and photographs to see what it was she has done and whatever else clues I could scrap up ;)
Old 07-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Good girl Ireland.That's how you know your getting things she will like. Mary