Little Gracie II

Old 09-07-2015, 02:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Is the 8 10 12 the throat space Miriam?
No that is the number of stitches those Kenmore machines do - the machines are marked 8 stitch, 10 stitch, 12 stitch... They are plastic but they are mechanical. She favors those machines because they are light weight and she gets the ones where the bobbin opens in the front so it is easier to access when there is a project on the frame. She has several machines just in case one needs a little tweaking. They are usually inexpensive. They sew ok. There is nothing really special about them. They don't tend to gum up and sew in reverse like some. Not a large throat. Simple to use and maintain.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:57 AM

Excellent find, lucky you! Can't wait to see the pics.

Must be the season to find good buys on frames because I found a NIB frame last week for 125.00. Now the hard part is which machine to go with it. I have a piggy bank started for a mid arm quilter..lol
Old 09-07-2015, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
Excellent find, lucky you! Can't wait to see the pics.

Must be the season to find good buys on frames because I found a NIB frame last week for 125.00. Now the hard part is which machine to go with it. I have a piggy bank started for a mid arm quilter..lol
Oooh lucky you too then congratulations! Which one did you get?

I am still trying to get it together. I know it needs a couple things ordered but was told the hardware was put back in the holes when much of it was unassembled. However, some of it is in the wrong holes or mismatched and I have been to the hardware store a few times now for extra nuts and bolts. I'll have to switch some things around this morning to use the 1/4 bolts I bought as replacement parts to the holes where they will do fine so I can get my hands on the metric bolts that need to fit to specialized places. It can be done, but it's taken much longer to get it together than I thought it would.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post

I'd suggest watching for a used 13" Bailey.
I'd love to hear more about this. I love the looks of it. Is it all metal? Have you tried one? I'm going to contact the Grace Company tomorrow for some of my questions and am planning to ask about machines. That Bailey is one I would be interested in finding out if it would fit. The Bailey's site talks about Grace Frames but doesn't mention the Little Gracie II, so I need to know if it would even fit that model.

If you have any experience with it, I'd love to hear more!
Old 09-07-2015, 08:38 AM

I have a Juki with a 9 in. throat on mine. It works well, but I wish I had a longer one. These are made for frames and can be bought at different dealers or on ebay for 8-900.00. Sometimes dealers will take them in on trade and sell for a good price.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:01 AM

I am still trying to get it together. I know it needs a couple things ordered but was told the hardware was put back in the holes when much of it was unassembled. However, some of it is in the wrong holes or mismatched and I have been to the hardware store a few times now for extra nuts and bolts. I'll have to switch some things around this morning to use the 1/4 bolts I bought as replacement parts to the holes where they will do fine so I can get my hands on the metric bolts that need to fit to specialized places. It can be done, but it's taken much longer to get it together than I thought it would.

I got the Pfaff INSPIRA made for the Viking Mega and the Pfaff Grand years ago, Apparently they are not making this model anymore. Here are four short video clips ( links) shows it pretty well.

The carriage will take up to an 18" long arm and the table I can set up in full length 10" or half length 5 feet. It could be 12 and 6 feet though as I have not checked it out. The most important thing is leveling it and then keeping it level. Also the weight of heavier machines can cause them not to roll smoothly, so machine choice may need to be experimental to see how much weight the carriage and table can really work smoothly with.

Mine will be staying in the boxes for awhile until I make space for it...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...PCT5Fh7o9bMCjy

Last edited by Sunflowerzz; 09-07-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:33 AM

Christy - I started with a 15" Bailey, bought the "classroom" model (very slightly used) and a King size Grace frame.

It was an affordable way for me to see if I really wanted to do this - and after two years, when they settled my Mom's trust, I used that money to upgrade to the HQ Fusion (24" true longarm machine).

The Bailey is all mechanical (though you can get the speed control if you want), and basically a class 15 machine. Takes class 15 bobbins and regular (singer) needles, just use the bigger sizes like 14 and 16. If you can adjust a Singer 15, then you'll have no problem with the Bailey, if it needs anything. Mine never did, (but my Fusion is still giving me tension grief).

I think the Bailey is one of the best deals for the money, and Chuck Bailey stands behind them, even if you buy one used. He wants 100% satisfied owners. There is a good Yahoo group for help too.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Christy - I started with a 15" Bailey, bought the "classroom" model (very slightly used) and a King size Grace frame.

It was an affordable way for me to see if I really wanted to do this - and after two years, when they settled my Mom's trust, I used that money to upgrade to the HQ Fusion (24" true longarm machine).

The Bailey is all mechanical (though you can get the speed control if you want), and basically a class 15 machine. Takes class 15 bobbins and regular (singer) needles, just use the bigger sizes like 14 and 16. If you can adjust a Singer 15, then you'll have no problem with the Bailey, if it needs anything. Mine never did, (but my Fusion is still giving me tension grief).

I think the Bailey is one of the best deals for the money, and Chuck Bailey stands behind them, even if you buy one used. He wants 100% satisfied owners. There is a good Yahoo group for help too.

I joined the Yahoo group and also found a FB group so I can find out more. It's always nice to hear from people that are actually using them. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2015, 01:25 PM

I have them!!
Old 09-07-2015, 01:48 PM

I had the original Little Gracie and had a 15 clone on it. I paid $100 for it still in the box too. After the extensive construction time and the amount of overwhelmed I got with it, I sold it to a nice lady who loved it.

I think the manual said 4-6 hours to assemble and I think it took me a month.