Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Traveling sewing kit? >

Traveling sewing kit?

Traveling sewing kit?

Old 08-16-2019, 01:54 PM

What roads are you ladies driving on that are smooth enough for you to hand sew when riding in a car? Definitely not in the Midwest.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Like some of the others, I don't sew in the car, as I am usually the driver.
And when I do have the luxury of a "chauffeur", I like to enjoy the view!

Though I do have a travelling sewing kit for waiting room sitting or while in hotel rooms, etc.
Part of that is a sewing lanyard, complete with a mini pin cushion, and a magnet as a needle nanny.
Attached are also a small pair of scissors on a string, so they can't take off. Or get left behind!
Thread can also be added to the collection, if you so desire.
This way, I know I have everything at hand, especially when there is no sidetable to set things.

For hexies on the go, a CD case with the fabrics and hexie papers/card in each of the divider slots.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:03 PM

Tartan - I get motion sick in a car, in a plane, just turning around too quickly! I’ve always had that and it was horrible to have to,fly - mostly,for the people sitting beside me��. Anyway, I used to take Dramamine which I had to take every three hours or else ———-!m. Several years ago my sister (retired nurse) told me about Meclizine - it’s an over the counter pill that is chewable but I just swallow it. Ii get the 25mg size and I can fly, I can read or whatever else in the car, etc. wish I had known about this May years ago. Any pharmacy carries it - I found it at Sam’s Club for around $6 lore 100 count bottle. I am a true believer as I’ve always had motion sickness on everything - all those rides at the carnival, Disneyland, etc. anything that goes around, up and down or! Can’t even stand looking st a carousel. Recently, I was flying back and forth to Denver and I almost forgot to take one - sitting in the plane, ready for takeoff! I swallowed one immediately and it took hold as soon as we taxied. I usually get sick before the plane gets to the end of the runway. Way too much info I’m sure, but I’ve told many people about this OTC medication.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC