Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Low Calorie Cake >

Low Calorie Cake

Low Calorie Cake

Old 10-29-2010, 05:59 AM

Sorry to about the cake falling apart.. I made mine into cupcakes...maybe that might work better for you..not sure.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by lizzy
Any cake mix, add only 1 can of diet 7-up . Stir well, pour into rectangle pan (10x12 etc.) and bake using directions on box.. It will not rise as much but tastes like a regular cake. Strawberry is very good with low fat cool whip served on top and fresh strawberries.

If making a dark cake such as chocolate, add 1 can of diet coke, or any dark colored drink. Follow same routine above.

For a pineapple cake, use one box of angel food cake mix and add l whole large can of crushed pineapple, juice and all. Bake as directed on the box. I have only used a rectangle pan, but a friend made this in a regular tube pan and only had to cook it a little longer than directed. Use any diet clear drink such as diet 7-up.
You can enhance this same recipe with a box (regular size) of sugar-free INSTANT pudding mix to the cake mix and diet 7-up or coke. For instance, yellow or white cake mix, sugar-free pudding mix of choice -- vanilla or lemon, and diet 7-up; OR swiss chocolate, sugar-free chocolate pudding mix, and diet Coke.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:48 PM
BMP

I follow Weight Watchers and this recipe is a hit there, I do add 2 egg whites to the cake mix and soda it does make it a tad bit better and doesnt add any extra fat or calories.
If you like pumpkin ..
1 boxed spice cake mix
add 1- 15 oz can of pumpkin (PLAIN) and 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup water and a teaspoon of pumkin pie spice. This is so good especially this time of the year. I make it in a muffin tin w/o papers.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
I follow Weight Watchers and this recipe is a hit there, I do add 2 egg whites to the cake mix and soda it does make it a tad bit better and doesnt add any extra fat or calories.
If you like pumpkin ..
1 boxed spice cake mix
add 1- 15 oz can of pumpkin (PLAIN) and 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup water and a teaspoon of pumkin pie spice. This is so good especially this time of the year. I make it in a muffin tin w/o papers.
Thanks! I certainly will try it. I eat plain pumpkin as a vegetable sometimes. I'll also try the egg whites in the other recipes. Do you beat the egg whites and then fold them in, or do you just add the whites to the cake mix and other ingredients?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:45 PM

I have to try to make that pineapple version, sounds good.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:47 PM

I am going to try this
Old 10-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing