Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Low Calorie Cake

Any cake mix, add only 1 can of diet 7-up . Stir well, pour into rectangle pan (10x12 etc.) and bake using directions on box.. It will not rise as much but tastes like a regular cake. Strawberry is very good with low fat cool whip served on top and fresh strawberries.

If making a dark cake such as chocolate, add 1 can of diet coke, or any dark colored drink. Follow same routine above.

For a pineapple cake, use one box of angel food cake mix and add l whole large can of crushed pineapple, juice and all. Bake as directed on the box. I have only used a rectangle pan, but a friend made this in a regular tube pan and only had to cook it a little longer than directed. Use any diet clear drink such as diet 7-up.

I have made the angel food cake recipe but I want to try the others.

Thanks!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    My husband and I love the reduced sugar chocolate cake mix and diet cherry coke or pepsi. I do add 1-2 egg whites to hold it together a little better. It tastes great and works on weight watchers!!!

Blog Entries
    Thank you! :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    thanks for the recipe, yummy

Thank you for these recipes!!!

I'm going to try the chocolate/cherry coke today. I've made the pineapple/Angel food recipe and added some walnuts and dried cranberries for color.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
    Thank you for these recipes!!!

I'm going to try the chocolate/cherry coke today. I've made the pineapple/Angel food recipe and added some walnuts and dried cranberries for color.
    Oh, sounds so good - please let us know how you liked it.

Pat

Sounds good...I have made Chocolate and Diet Coke....good also..Thanks for the recipe.

Made the chocolate/diet coke cake for the first time last week. I was kind of chewy and fell apart a lot. I put some sugar free Cool whip on it and it was good for dessert, better than no cake at all. Going to try it again adding the egg whites as suggested above, DH and I love to have dessert at night but really shouldn't eat the regular stuff with so many sugar and fat calories. May in Jersey

Sorry to about the cake falling apart.. I made mine into cupcakes...maybe that might work better for you..not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy
    Any cake mix, add only 1 can of diet 7-up . Stir well, pour into rectangle pan (10x12 etc.) and bake using directions on box.. It will not rise as much but tastes like a regular cake. Strawberry is very good with low fat cool whip served on top and fresh strawberries.

If making a dark cake such as chocolate, add 1 can of diet coke, or any dark colored drink. Follow same routine above.

For a pineapple cake, use one box of angel food cake mix and add l whole large can of crushed pineapple, juice and all. Bake as directed on the box. I have only used a rectangle pan, but a friend made this in a regular tube pan and only had to cook it a little longer than directed. Use any diet clear drink such as diet 7-up.
    You can enhance this same recipe with a box (regular size) of sugar-free INSTANT pudding mix to the cake mix and diet 7-up or coke. For instance, yellow or white cake mix, sugar-free pudding mix of choice -- vanilla or lemon, and diet 7-up; OR swiss chocolate, sugar-free chocolate pudding mix, and diet Coke.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I follow Weight Watchers and this recipe is a hit there, I do add 2 egg whites to the cake mix and soda it does make it a tad bit better and doesnt add any extra fat or calories.
    If you like pumpkin ..
    1 boxed spice cake mix
    add 1- 15 oz can of pumpkin (PLAIN) and 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup water and a teaspoon of pumkin pie spice. This is so good especially this time of the year. I make it in a muffin tin w/o papers.

Quote Originally Posted by BMP
    I follow Weight Watchers and this recipe is a hit there, I do add 2 egg whites to the cake mix and soda it does make it a tad bit better and doesnt add any extra fat or calories.
    If you like pumpkin ..
    1 boxed spice cake mix
    add 1- 15 oz can of pumpkin (PLAIN) and 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup water and a teaspoon of pumkin pie spice. This is so good especially this time of the year. I make it in a muffin tin w/o papers.
    Thanks! I certainly will try it. I eat plain pumpkin as a vegetable sometimes. I'll also try the egg whites in the other recipes. Do you beat the egg whites and then fold them in, or do you just add the whites to the cake mix and other ingredients?

I have to try to make that pineapple version, sounds good.

Blog Entries
    I am going to try this

Thanks for sharing