Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-03-2011, 02:06 PM

Everyone keeps talking about the ads. I have no more ads than there were on the old board and the bottom ones are so far below the reply box that I never see them anyway. Just a banner on top and one of a member's ebook next to it. Nothing moving, flying, spinning, flashing, popping up....not that I'm complaining mind you.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:17 PM

I'm the same ghostrider, I only have adverts down the side of the home page and whats new. I did notice I had a moving one on the first day, it was for a website I had just bought petmeds from and it was very irritating, I wouldn't want that when I was trying to read posts. Do some have them down the side on every page?

A few have said its easy to get rid of all adds for free, maybe someone could link where you can do this safely x
Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
It was possibly more about all the other quilting message boards that were being recommended for members to move to. Why should they put up with that? It's always been against the rules.
I think you are correct, and there were too many for the Moderators to just delete one or two postings. I honestly feel they are being kept very busy.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

I only have ads at the top of the page and I just ignore them. They have always been there for me.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
I'm the same ghostrider, I only have adverts down the side of the home page and whats new. I did notice I had a moving one on the first day, it was for a website I had just bought petmeds from and it was very irritating, I wouldn't want that when I was trying to read posts. Do some have them down the side on every page?

A few have said its easy to get rid of all adds for free, maybe someone could link where you can do this safely x
I had the same thing happen to me from a website I recently visited. I guess this board (or should I say the sponsor) is tracking the websites we visit and we may have these irritations pop up here and there. There is name for these type of ads and I can't remember it
Old 11-03-2011, 02:30 PM

I cannot imagine bailing away so quickly! The fact that we can still access a majority of the board and navigate pages makes this upgrade a LIGHT YEAR ahead of some of the board upgrades I've seen.

This is no different then moving to a new city. You are lost for awhile.. make some bad turns.. get PO'd.... grumble a little.. get cut off a little.. go in circles a little...have to relearn how to get from A to B...but in no time.. you know the new city like your old city.. and it turns out just fine.

The board is different, but NOT CRASHED. What I find amusing is that people are willing to huff off, and learn a NEW board when all they have to do is LEARN this new board. All their quilting friends are STILL HERE... and I will say QB is one of the friendliest quilters websites I've seen to date.

Guess some people always think the grass is always greener on the other side of the "rail fence" block...lol

Ok.. off to go explore the place a little. .

Last edited by Highmtn; 11-03-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: forgot a word...
Old 11-03-2011, 02:34 PM

I think its to do with google tracking what sites you view. My Daughter went on the computer after me to other sites and shouted had I been buying petmeds as the advert was following her.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:36 PM

I understand some members dismay over the new board. It's not easy for some. I wouldn't be too quick to criticize. They might come back.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
I think its to do with google tracking what sites you view. My Daughter went on the computer after me to other sites and shouted had I been buying petmeds as the advert was following her.
That's a very good possibility.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:39 PM

I love the new upgrade. It will allow us to add personnality to our posts and once we get use to it we will be able to do and see more. After all if you want to stay young and alert you must learn and do new things daily