Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-03-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
I think its to do with google tracking what sites you view. My Daughter went on the computer after me to other sites and shouted had I been buying petmeds as the advert was following her.
Exactly! Google also knows where your computer lives so the ads are geared towards that, too.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:45 PM

Google knows almost everything -- and what google doesnt know -- facebooks does!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:48 PM

I am not crazy about the change but I would never give the board up. I still think it is the best forum and we all just need to learn the new format.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
I think you are correct, and there were too many for the Moderators to just delete one or two postings. I honestly feel they are being kept very busy.
I know Patrice constantly has 300 to 400 emails waiting to be read...she's doing an amazing job of sorting through things and all.

Sadiemae, do you think you could make your font size a bit larger? It's much smaller than the regular one and very difficult to read. Maybe, please?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Yes I have all UK ads, yours are probably more exciting than mine lol!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:27 PM

grandjan if you say where you need help someone will help all they can, don't say goodbye, see if we can help first x
Old 11-03-2011, 03:30 PM

Wow, this IS a big change. I just had surgery so have been out of the loop for a week, so I didn't expect it. I just opened it so don't have a clue where anything is, but as usual it's not hard to find naysayers and discontent. It has lost it's "hominess" and is now more streamlined, but give it a break, folks. Betty yet, go off and let those who care about this enough to stay will make it better. Hang in there, everyone!
Judy
Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM

I'm not happy with this new layout at all.. it's confusing, too many ads and what was wrong with the other one anyway...
It's real interesting how anything negative or if anyone post their dislike they delete...just like kids.

I enjoy reading the forums, I enjoyed going to the other one because it was so easy to maneuver around. I especially like certain pages but now find it so much more to have to get through. Also, why is it so difficult to delete a post that you don't want anymore. I find I have to go to each page, open it to delete..

I think for me, the ease made it nice as I work all day on a computer and really want the escape from nonsense when I am home...just my 2c...if anyone really cared..
Old 11-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Now that I figured out colors, I'm a happy girl.

And as a person prone to migraines, thank you for turning off all the flashing. That sometimes was a significant problem for me.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:49 PM

Well, I like it! I think the new look is lovely. I use a number of different forums and this layout and format is very familiar to me. I found the old board quite difficult when trying to find stuff.

To all the Mods - THANK YOU! You are doing a Great Job: keep up the good work, and try not to take some of the negative comments too personally. I truly believe that the CONTENT and the CONTRIBUTORS to the board are the most important part, not how it looks, or whether the buttons are on the left or right. I take the point about the White background contrast issues, and for me (becuase I am getting on a bit) the text size could be a tad larger.

Just to say that I love this forum - I have learned so much from taking part in the disucssions, looking at photos and working through some of the tutorials. I, for one, am STAYING! Mxxx