Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-16-2016, 10:45 AM

oksewglad, LOL, I meant they didn't start out as UFOs, but I love your take on it so much more. They didn't end up as UFOs and isn't that so very much better?
Old 12-16-2016, 11:17 AM

Silliness- good job! Love the colors.

Rob
Old 12-16-2016, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
That's three done and with all your challenges that's a great job.
Ditto here too! Wishing you the best in your continued healing and therapies.

Finished my 80 Step 4 so that I can wrap presents this weekend and work on baking next week. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the purples to show true color, they are all purples, not blues
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563852[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails step-4-complete.jpg  
Old 12-16-2016, 02:54 PM

Tweety, I see purples on my screen and wow, isn't it great when you finish up a stack like that? I just made 22 four patches starting from scratch, and including squaring them up at the end. I feel very accomplished!!
My next task is making 19 friendship star blocks... that's a lot of HSTs! So after this break to rest, it's back to cutting for those. They are going to be scrappy so that will be fun cutting! I already have the fabric pulled so the hard part is done. LOL
Old 12-16-2016, 04:24 PM

Tweety, such lovely purple sqs. They are so pretty. Yes, they show up purple on my device and such pretty purples.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:14 PM

I didn't manage to get any done, in my defense I started here late. But you all have gotten me up and started again. I haven't done any for the past couple of years but thought it was about time to admit that I was as recovered as I'm going to get. I finished the tops of two and am almost done quilting another. Will continue next year. now that you got me going. I love seeing what everyone has finished. Great job all!
Old 12-19-2016, 09:01 AM

No photo yet, but that Christmas sampler is done. I have to photo it and then pack it to send to daughter in Denver. She will need it with this cold weather snap.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:59 PM

So here we are in the home stretch of this 2016 Challenge. Twelve days to go. How many more UFO finishes can we get???
Old 12-20-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
So here we are in the home stretch of this 2016 Challenge. Twelve days to go. How many more UFO finishes can we get???
I will probably NOT get another UFO finished (bad Leta!), as I am well entrenched in the BH Mystery quilt, as well as receiving three tops to be LA'd from customers (one of them CUSTOM quilted for a new customer!!).
And of course all the holiday craziness... and lots of overtime on my job.

Hubby had knee surgery two weeks ago, so I've been sitting with him in the living room, working on a couple of UFO's that needed frogging before I can even begin to finish them. One has been completed (the frogging bit, I mean), the other will take awhile. But it gives us some time to sit together - he's binge-watching Andy Griffith, and "the Real McCoys". I'm sitting there ripping stitches, not really listening, but just being there if hub's needs something.

So, for me, my final tally will be 12 UFO's completed this year. Compared to some of you, that's not much at all, but compared to what I've done in the past, that's pretty darn good... and I DID meet my personal goal of average of 1 per month.

I'm SO looking forward to next year!!
Just in case you feel unappreciated, Janice, we LOVE how you've been our engineer/encourager/count-tracker and all the things that pertain to managing this thread. Thank you so VERY MUCH!!!!
Old 12-20-2016, 10:08 AM

Yes, I have had these blocks and/or the appliques to finish blocks for that long. I actually like how it turned out and it ended up being a California King so I can send to my daughter in Denver. Good thing I don't get attached to these blocks. LOL I even got to piece the back. Not sure that was an honor, but it did bust the stash a bit so I can hit some good Christmas fabric sales. The backing was from one of those Black Friday sales years ago that I got a great price on. Hubby asked why I pieced it, I asked him if he really wanted me to buy more fabric. Yep, he got quiet. I used varigated red/green Magnifico thread on top and So Fine red on the bottom with a Baptist Fan missing the buttons that were already sewn on and the crystals. When swapping blocks, do not put embellishments on them. Find your block.

Have a Wonderful Christmas everyone.
Attached Thumbnails whole-quilt.jpg   top.jpg   edge.jpg   2013.jpg   2001-block.jpg