Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-13-2016, 04:02 PM

Awesome job Silliness, my hats off to anyone who can quilt a whole quilt on a regular machine. I can barely do it qayg
Old 12-13-2016, 06:02 PM

Well the chatter about next year is encouraging. I joined this gang of quilting over achievers with the plan to finish up 12, one per month. One broken pelvis, one broken wrist (both bones thus NO QUILTING FOR ME!) and then a move to a new home and more physical therapy than any one would expect, I have not finished but three quilts all year. So..... I will try again in 2017. All I can say is that I did not make any new UFOs. See y'all in January with a new starting count!
Old 12-13-2016, 11:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I have not finished but three quilts all year.
That's three done and with all your challenges that's a great job.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Well the chatter about next year is encouraging. I joined this gang of quilting over achievers with the plan to finish up 12, one per month. One broken pelvis, one broken wrist (both bones thus NO QUILTING FOR ME!) and then a move to a new home and more physical therapy than any one would expect, I have not finished but three quilts all year. So..... I will try again in 2017. All I can say is that I did not make any new UFOs. See y'all in January with a new starting count!
Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
That's three done and with all your challenges that's a great job.
I agree!! I know I've had some years when all I did was CREATE UFO's, and not finish ANYTHING!!

In a way, I can't wait for the Christmas craziness to be over with, so I can get back to sewing and quilting!!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:38 PM

Toot, toot for a new UFO finish. The colors are so fresh on a kind of dreary day. Congratulations.
Originally Posted by silliness View Post
I have kind of fallen off the train due to working on non-UFO quilts the past couple of months. I have one UFO finish and hope to have one more by the end of the year. This is my sister's graduation from med school quilt (she graduated in May). I started on it last year and since April all it has needed was to be quilted. This is the largest quilt I have attempted to quilt on my DSM. After several failed design attempts due to its heaviness, I put it away. Anyway, finally conquered it and am so relieved.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563686[/ATTACH]
Old 12-14-2016, 03:32 PM

Great finish, silliness.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:38 PM

Silliness, I love those colors together! Great looking quilt.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:34 PM

Wonderful new finishes being posted! Awesome that you are staying on as engineer again next year Janice, you have done a great job this year and urged us on to bigger and better numbers!! I had hoped for more finishes but the call for comfort quilts has been great this year, as every year, combined with health issues cutting into my sewing time as it often does. Not complaining tho, happy to be able to accomplish what I do!! If you see the pictures thread, you will see the blacksmith and dancing shoes quilts I just posted recently. I am delighted with how both of those came out. Not UFOs tho.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:00 AM

Thought I could get this Christmas quilt done, but have to make six more blocks. Needs to be a California King for daughter, her boyfriend (hoping to be husband) is 7 ft tall. Working on them now. Dug thru my Christmas scraps and left overs from projects. Couple won't be perfect (beginning quilting blocks), but will hold memories for her. Now to rearrange the blocks a little, sew together, put on border and get the quilting done. Hoping to get this mailed by Monday. Won't that be terrific!?
Old 12-16-2016, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Oh wildcard...you disappoint me...2 of them that didn't get to be UFO's....actually sew happy they didn't make it to the UFO pile.....right now I'm sewing and not creating UFO's, too.

QMomma...anxious to see the CA King when it's done...