Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-11-2016, 09:35 AM

Well, NZquilter, you can join anytime you like. Andunless somebody really wants to take charge of this train next year, I'll be pleased to start it up again in 2017. Anybody? Anybody?
Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I think it would be wise for me to join the UFO train in 2017, if its going to be operating next year. I have a half quilted full size Sunbonnet sue quilt from 2012 and some embroidered quilt blocks from the same year. Those are my oldest UFOs, but I have plenty others too!
Old 12-11-2016, 09:38 AM

Oh, Elly66, I really like this finish. The white against all those Bright and bold squares. Oh, yes! Congratulations and Toot Toot for a lovely UFO finish. And it's worth its weight in gold for sentimental reasons.
Originally Posted by elly66 View Post
What a nice save Kassaundra! I have a UFO finish. I started these (as in five) two years ago and got two done fairly quickly but the other three have languished. How many rows of squares can you sew before you don't want to pick it up again?! I wanted it to be about the fabric and not the design so they'll all be bordered fabric. This was my sister's fabric her family gave me after she passed. They make me smile as her fabrics reflect her personality.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563458[/ATTACH]
While I would love to have the other two done before Christmas - I had to let that dream go. Chronic health conditions are just getting in the way. Maybe as a gag gift I can shoot for having them sandwiched and wrapped. I can already see the look on the ones who get the unfinished ones!
Old 12-11-2016, 01:25 PM

You have done a great job Janice McC, would love to have you be our leader again next year. I still have plenty of UFO's to work on.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:19 PM

Kassaundra, welcome aboard and great save.

Elly- I like that white bordering all the individual fabric blocks. good job.

I think I'll be able to get one more UFO finished before the end of the year.....

Janice--I sure hope you're going to continue this train next year. It's been a lot of fun seeing everyone's finishes and even though this challenge motivated me to finish up a bunch of UFOs, I still have a bunch to go

rob
Old 12-11-2016, 06:09 PM

elly66, what a lovely, bright and cheerful quilt. It certainly will bring out the smiles.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:01 PM

Really hope this goes into next year too. Its been helping! got my thread just trying to find time to get back to work on DH quilt but I am working on a couple of smalls that I found while cleaning. Several pieces to a boot Christmas stocking that I started last year but did not have time for so I just set it aside. The intended person really needs a pickup so I am working on it. Just need to add some more flourish to it and then put it together. But I also found one of the two panels for the advent calendar I wanted to do. Bought one panel got it home an put it somewhere? Bought another one and started to lay it out and pin it last October then lost that one too. Maybe it will be done after Christmas lol
Old 12-12-2016, 05:34 AM

Thanks everybody for your compliments.
Altairss I'm glad I'm not the only one who either misplaces or in my case just completely forget I bought something and then buy again. I figured I must have really liked that fabric!

Janice - thank you so much for leading us this year and I hope you'll do it again for 2017! While I missed my personal goal - I've loved seeing everybody's finishes. And of course I have UFOs waiting still.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:42 AM

Great finishes, everyone!! it's always an inspiration and motivation to come on this thread.

Alas, I doubt I will finish any more UFO's this month! One of my regular customers came by this weekend and dropped off 2 quilts to be finished. Plus a new customer (from out of state) texted me and said her quilt will be shipped today.

Fortunately, none of them HAVE to be finished in time for Christmas, so no pressure there. The regular customer wants E2E on hers, the new customer will be custom quilted.

Hubby had knee surgery last Tuesday, so I've been doing errands etc related to that.

And my sewing room is a converted car port... with no vented heating... and the temps finally said that "winter has arrived". So my sewing room is NOT a comfortable place to be. I'm pondering a new space heater, but we've also made plans for an entirely new heating/cooling system sometime around April/May, so I may just "make do" with the kerosene heater. Yes, I know about the fumes, but remember, this is a former car port, so that space is (1) rather large and (2) somewhat drafty, so I'm certain it's "vented" quite enough.

One of my ladies in my LA group had mentioned all her UFO's... so I directed her to this group. I really hope to see her next year.

Speaking of next year, Janice are you going to conduct the 2017 train... please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!
Old 12-12-2016, 10:23 AM

Beautiful finish, elly66! White with brights is so fresh and cheery.

Janice, you are a wonderful leader for this group! So glad you will start the train again next year.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:52 AM

Elly, nice quilt, like the white sashing, really sets off your fabric squares.