Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand quilters please!  Advice! >

Hand quilters please! Advice!

Hand quilters please! Advice!

Old 09-25-2013, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by lockesnest View Post
I love the Quilter's Dream line. Your needle fairly glides through and it looks lovely when finished. I use the Request loft which is the thinnest, but they are all very easy to quilt through.
I hope to start hand quilting my Dear Jane quilt soon and this is the batting I have chosen.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:57 PM

I've used several different battings for hand quilting, but have not yet tried warm n natural.

For me the only way I've been able to get really tiny stitches has been the stab stitch method, which I tried for the first time a few weeks ago using a polar fleece scrap as the batting in a table runner. It worked great.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:08 PM

A belated thank you to all who responded to my plea for advice. Stuck in a rut girl that I am, I decided to go with the tried and true Mountain Mist Light that I always have on hand. Posted the results - as Black, White, Gray and Gold - finally finished! I'm so glad that I asked as I'm sure I never would have made it through with the Warm and Natural. In my push to complete it, my hands hurt badly enough! So now to figure out what I will use that purchase for. Maybe one day I will try machine quilting but as I use a 1936 Featherweight, I'm fairly sure I won't be doing a queen size quilt that way. Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:53 AM

I totally agree Quilters Dream..one is specially made for hand quilting. I think it is Request, not sure, it states on label...worth the price