Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Another telemarker call this morning >

Another telemarker call this morning

Another telemarker call this morning

Old 07-10-2018, 04:30 AM

When we moved in February, I thought we would have no nuisance calls for at least a little while but we were flooded with those calls even with a new number. That makes me think they get updates all the time from phone companies. Aren't there or shouldn't there be laws against invasion of privacy. Of course with technology how do you catch whoever is responsible for these calls. People are dropping their land lines to get away from these calls, but now they have figured out how to get your cell phone numbers too. Very frustrating. Oh for the simple life again.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:43 AM

I was called about "issues with my house." I told them in my very best frosty teacher voice that I didn't have issues with my house and not to call back. Hung up before they could answer.
We just don't answer calls. If no message, we go block the number.
Starting yesterday, calls were labeled, "Telemarketer." So things are changing, and I hope the scammers are put out of business. If I want a product, I'll go find it. Enough is enough.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:52 AM

We still have a home phone. It rings all day long. It mostly starts at about 3:00 and rings until 8:00 PM. They want to update my google listing, update my credit card machine, lower my interest rate on my credit cards. E don't even have these things. And Rachel calls constantly to tell me I have won a prize. I Hate it. I would love to get rid of the home phone but DH insists we keep it. My DH gets about 20 calls a day on his cell from all over the US. He used to get them from all over the world but we blocked international calls. There has to be some way to stop this invasion of privacy.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-11-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 07-10-2018, 04:56 AM

We get a lot of these type calls too. I have nomorerobo that blocks most of them on my home phone but occasionally one will slip through. Most phones, both cell and landline, have the ability to block a number. I use that on my cell phone. I'm constantly getting calls from the 407 area code with the same exchange as my cell. We haven't lived in FL for 10 years and only certain friends in FL have my cell number so I know immediately it's not someone I know. I just block it on my phone. It's too bad we have to be harrassed in our homes with unwanted phone calls.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

That's hilarious!!!!!!
Lately I'm getting calls from all over the country. I didn't realize how popular I am
I'm glad it shows the state so I know not to answer it.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:06 AM

I don't answer unless they appear on caller id. But now they leave messages anyway. The other day I received 3 in a row about earning money from my couch. The citys they were calling from were all from the far west.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
And I can get a better student loan rate. Gosh, I didn't know I even had a student loan !
OMG I get this one daily.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:24 AM

If I get a call that I do not recognize, I answer and then lay the phone down and let them talk on and on, on their own dime while I do something else.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:43 AM

Do note push the #2 when asked to be taken off their list......this tells their system that your number is a valid number....you responded.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:46 AM

Any one with a cell phone can get a program to block most calls. The software has a 100,000 known prefix spam numbers that will not be sent through and the others show up as telemarketer and only rings twice. It is working so far....easy to install from google apps