Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 04-15-2015, 02:00 PM

Sewing has slowed down for me as well. Warmer weather means outdoor chores/gardening and also warmer temps upstairs in my sewing room. I may migrate down to the basement, but the light isn't as good down there and I need all of the help I can get.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:17 PM

Hi gals - I've tried to post a picture of my quilt top - I worked an hour on trying to post a message along with the picture today but it always failed. I do have my 5 rows complete. Need to do a border now. Outside calls me as well and that is why I wanted to get my top done. Don't know what else I can try to get my picture to download. I inadvertantly deleted from my IPad my February 16 thread on the Row Robin quilt so if I hadn't done that I think I could load the picture on my IPad but on my desktop it's not working. Darn. This row robin quilting has certainly been a new thing for me and I have really enjoyed the process so far. Am always checking to see progress you gals have posted - it's fun.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:30 PM

Hi all,

Just found this activity. I loved the Medallion quilt so I may join you. I did several round robins years back, passing our centers around from one member to another. Learned a lot!! Made a friend for life too. I have done a lot of arty landscape quilts. I think I'll try small traditional quilts in my NYC fabrics. Thetre is a lot of hustle & bustle, but my peaceful place is Home! Now, I'll go get Lynnie on board!!
Old 04-15-2015, 03:35 PM

Will be out of circulation for a week - my 10 YO grandson will be visiting us - and it will be first time we have him without his 9 yo sister. they are in two different schools and have different weeks off. We will have her in June. Happy Happy Dance. So excited.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:48 AM

I didn't disappear for good just haven't been feeling up to doing much of anything so sorry for this ladies. I am one half of one block into the ocean/beach combo of work. In my minds eye when I look at a picture of the beach, ocean then sky the ocean is the bigger part. I have five pictures on my table that show that I am seeing it right. from Puerto rico to Mexico and Hawaii its the way the picture is taken perhaps. closer to the beach then looking out so it grows larger the farther you look. the ocean is about 1/2 of the picture with the other two being 1/4 each. so again its about how YOU see it. make it your picture the heck with it! then we can work on round robin typical blocks to work around it. I am seeing the margarita glasses and the flower blocks to fit the round on top and sides. now do I do another round after that or call it a day? there will have to be a row between like sashing as the top is regular 12" squares but the top and the bottom will not be regular size due to my beach being a bit shorter than 12 inches so its going to have to be a filler of sorts. figure it will all look good in the end. and my girlfriend will truly enjoy my abstract version of life in heaven. she now wants sand dollars and star fish too. better stop talking to her about heaven because she is getting picky! lol. wants a full quilt I know it. not happening. throw is it for me. yikes.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:48 PM

Dotty, Hope you join in. And I would love to see some of your arty landscape quilts. Several of us here have never done one before and can use some inspiration.

Elisabrat, I wonder if there are any starfish buttons around? That would be easier than applique.

Here's my water. It will be on the bottom of the quilt. I'm not real happy with the way the heron is incorporated into the water but maybe some quilting will tie it together. I want to quilt the rows as I go but haven't yet. I also tried to put a little island in the water but it just didn't work. Look how different these blues look. The truth in somewhere in between. Next row is trees.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517101[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517102[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1200449.jpg   p1200439-%25%25.jpg  
Old 04-16-2015, 01:56 PM

I love this!! You did a great job. I have to look through my library & get some ideas.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:42 PM

Whitepine - love your water and heron. Maybe an applique island would work if you could find one you like. But it's already perfect I think.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:47 PM

white pine - who needs an island!! It looks awesome like it is. And all the blues mesh together....loving it
Old 04-16-2015, 10:41 PM

It's looking great whitepine. Love it