Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme! >

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Old 05-19-2015, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

cheeshead does such nice embroidery, love that rose mug rug, so different. great design.

and I love the strawberry design that aroline got. such creativity.

thanks everyone for showing us your great mugs.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:36 PM

Ok, here we go again. I don't know why this is posting two pictures. Did this the last time I posted with a photo. Anyone know why this happens???

Oh by the way, Jaba cute twins. I know you are as proud as can be...
Old 05-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

Cuppy... nice job! I love the star shape of your mug rug. All your points look flawless, too. I'm impressed. I am coveting those beautiful fat quarters, too, especially the tea cups. Caroline is a lucky girl.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful mug rugs, Cheesehead! Love that rose shaped one most of all... too pretty!
Old 05-20-2015, 05:44 AM

GREAT JOB LADIES! love those mug rugs! wow each time I think I have seen it all you again surprise me. I love the rose shaped mug rug too! and then of course Cuppy you did an awesome job swoon I am in love with strawberry fabrics. they are amazingly adorable. I used to go to the strawberry fields as a kid and pick them with my mom. she always got four cases of strawberries and a couple each of blackberry, olalaberry no idea how to spell that, and rasperries to make jam with. we picked for hours. I have never every been unappreciative of farm workers since. the blackberries and such are easy to pick.. those strawberries you have to really bend down to get them under the leaves near the ground. I buy them now. grin. oh we also got gooseberries but honestly think you have to be used to the tart fruit to like them. We ate them but preferred the much sweeter jams. oh mom also made apricot, cherry and plum jam. if it could be made into jam she did. with four kids.. you went through a lot of jam lol.

I am almost ready to post the new upcoming swap. hope your getting geared up for it! there will be two options next time so you will need to ask your partner which they prefer, I will post sign ups and ask people to state what they wish for of the two (ONLY TWO) so hopefully we can pair you together straight up. I hope. the pairing is hard work for ctyankee and she just might prefer to give partners to each other and let you guys figure it out. we will have to see! I am sure we will NOT have an even number of people wanting A or B so if you want C (any choice doesn't matter) you will be easiest to pair up of all! grin.

Are you doing something great for memorial day? share with us! I am spending it here again alone but then sometime in June the kids come back for another visit. They were going to come for 4th of July but the airfare is double then (why I don't know). so that's ok with me means an earlier visit and I am all for it. they spoil me and visit me every other month. I will take that! its just long enough to enjoy them and just long enough to enjoy the peace afterwards. takes me a while to recover from their energy. wow I miss having that stuff!
Old 05-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

I'm easy, i'll take anything. Not picky here
Old 05-20-2015, 09:27 AM
Banned

Tomorrow is MY Friday!

On Friday morning we are loading up and going to the cabin for a long
weekend.
Of course when I say "cabin" I mean it is a 5 bedroom, 1-1/2 bath A-frame
house. Simply awesome up there.

Hubs said we was taking the car, but with them calling for MORE snow in
the mountains (10+ inches) I think we will end up taking the Jeep again.

Have I ever said how much I HATE riding in the Jeep? It wouldn't be so bad
IF I didn't have to use a 15" tall step stool to climb up into the blasted vehicle.

Needless to say we are making chili this weekend, and will keep a fire going
in the firepplace, and have an enjoyable weekend with dad and Louise (the
"other" Louise not me).
Old 05-20-2015, 09:43 AM

Default Mug Rug Swap

I just got home and what a nice surprise in my mailbox. This is what I got from Jacie. A really nice and colorful mug rug, a round stitched coaster, a huge project bag from JoAnn's, and a really nice deck of inspirational quilt cards, and a nice letter. Thank you so much. You should be receiving the swap I sent you by tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails mug-rug-swap-may-2015-005.jpg  
Old 05-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

Looks like jacie sent you a really nice swap, nhnative! That coaster looks really interesting. Looks like it will drink up a lot of sweat from your ice tea glass this summer. Pretty mug rug too.

Have a fun trip, Louise. Can't believe you still have snow... We are already sweating bullets here.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:01 AM

This is the package I received from KathyM. There is an applique mug rug, coffee, stationary and a mesh zippered bag. It is all welcome and I will enjoy it. I am still working on mine and hope to get it out by tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails 5-1815_0001.jpg