Quilt Retreat on Lake Huron

Old 06-23-2011, 02:06 PM

Only suggestion I'd make would be to ask everyone to bring a snack that they would share. I'm one who loves to snack as I sew...and I for one would love to go to a retreat (I'm located in mid-Michigan) and will drive to it. Friday night, all day Saturday and 1/2 day Sunday sounds perfect!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:30 PM

My daughter is at that camp this week. The Muscular Dystrophy Association holds one of their camps there and she volunteers as a counselor every year. It is a nice facility.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:46 PM

I'm definately interested when you start making reservations are you planning on emailing us?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:32 PM

are you close to Oscoda
Old 06-23-2011, 08:34 PM

are you from around Oscoda
Originally Posted by calla
Sounds just great, I attended 9 yrs ago a sewing retreat in Hale MI. I was very productive, completed 28 of 36 blocks LC for a king quilt.........in addition the visiting with the gals was wonderful Sorry I didn't keep in touch with them. The beds however were designed for a 12 yr old, a camp for kidos in the summer. The food was great and we had our machines in a common room........which was in a seperate building for those night owls who stitched until dawn. We got into our jammies after dinner and just stitched away...........keep posting info........calla and remember, Lexington isn't too far from PH with Mary Maxim hee hee heeeeee
:thumbup:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:55 AM

I am waiting for permission to post everything. In the meantime I am nailing down the details. I am making notes on all the suggestions and will try to go back through this thread and get the info to all that have expressed an interest. I have a couple of email addy's, personal, work and store. Just got a new smart phone and had to set up a gmail addy for it. If anyone wants to email me their email addys, here it is. [email protected] I am getting very excited. I do not plan to make any money off this, just cover expenses. The $125 will cover that with a little left over that I will use for extras like snacks and possibly some small door prizes or something. Hope to get the planning done this weekend so can start signing people up. I had a request for the ability not to share cabins with strangers. The rate quoted was based on 8 to a cabin. They sleep 12 plus the leader, but I don't want anyone to have to sleep in an upper bunk so that is why the 8. So I got some info that will allow me to break it down and those that want could just pay the extra to have private accomodations. The $125 includes food and snacks, so they would not have to pay that X 8, by any means. The beds are all twin size with very nice mattresses, not those chinsy foam things. They are all heated and most have bathroom and kitchenette. I am also going to see if it is possible for someone to bring their own campter if they want to. They don't have hookups, but maybe an extension cord could be plugged in. OH, this camp is known for their cookies. I made sure they would have lots of those available.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 PM

Permission granted.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:15 PM

YUM on the cookies! Can't wait my email is [email protected] sorry don't hav e a smart phone and really am not that smart on the phone I do have!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:01 AM

Would we be able to ask people that do not belong to this board? I was thinking of trying to get a group of 8 together to form our cabin.

Jean in Lapeer
Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 AM

Anyone!! I am going to post at local stores and have several people from other groups that will share with them. The more the merrier. I am thinking that I will try to cut it off at 100, just because I don't want to get in over my head for a first time endeavor. But, we'll see. I seem to have some help. Worked on stuff this weekend, still have to go see the shop I am asking to be there with supplies, etc. Not sure how that works, but she will cause she's done them before. Thanks for showing an interest.

Large Cabin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217522[/ATTACH]

Regular Cabin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217523[/ATTACH]

Firepit outside the kitchen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217526[/ATTACH]

Lodge from the Beach
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217530[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-217516.jpe   attachment-217517.jpe   attachment-217520.jpe   attachment-217524.jpe