Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Chiwoowoo Puppies, close call >

Chiwoowoo Puppies, close call

Chiwoowoo Puppies, close call

Old 09-15-2011, 12:27 AM

Are they too young for a leash. That coyote must not have been too hungry this time. They will always go back to a good food source. Please be careful.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Power Poster

Wow!!! Glad everyone is ok!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 AM

Praying for protection for those little guys, also praying for you and your family.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:27 AM

Glad to hear everyone is ok.. We have coyoties here and they are not afraid of us. Had one bite one of the pets we had in the rear as he was running away from the coyoty. $400 vet bill.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:39 AM

Unless you are a very good shot that 22 is not going to do you much good. You could hit the coyote and not kill it. You need a bigger weapon. If, God forbid, the coyote had been rabid, he could have come for you. It happened to a friend of ours. The animal had gotten under her porch.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Selena
For those of you who have been following the "boys" since birth, I thought I'd share this morning's excitement with you. Keep in mind that everyone is ok. A little after 6 a.m. I was pottying them and their mother, WooWoo. The boys are starting to do better at this. We have worked really hard at going to the house when told to. Pedro kept going by a bush and I kept making him get away from it. He finally decided to do his business not too far from there and his brothers who were finished decided to check him out and see what the hold up was when a coyote stepped out from behind the bush and grabbed Cisco in his mouth. Between the screaming, wriggling puppy and the crazy screaming woman running at him, he dropped the puppy. All but one headed to the porch and then Mama Woo took after the coyote. I had to stop her and get Gordo who was frozen in fear. Pedro was screaming like he had been the one in it's mouth. Poor little Cisco was in shock. He wasn't bleeding anywhere but has bruised ribs. He has required holding all day and the others have needed extra attention too. They come right to me now instead of playing hard to get. They are all afraid to go out to potty now. Thankfully everyone is in one piece. I loaded my 22.
THAT WAS TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT,PLEASE BECAREFUL FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.YES IT WILL BE HARDER TO HOUSE BREAK NOW BECAUSE OF THE SCARE.ALWAYS GIVE THEM A TREAT WHEN THEY DO THEIR BUSINESS OUTSIDE THAT WILL HELP.GOOD LUCK BUT PLEASE BE CAREFULL.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:42 AM

Poor babies. They may never go potty outside again. Glad they are okay!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 AM

We've even had Coyote problems in our golf course community due to this summer's drought. A neighbor lost a little poodle to a coyote just a couple of weeks ago. Glad everyone is okay at your house...scary!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:54 AM

Cisco slept cuddled up to me all night, his brothers with DD. This morning he is playing with his brothers again. That's a good sign.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:03 AM

I could just visualize the whole panic scene, even down to the puppy screams. Guess all's well that ends well, but you probably will have a hard time getting them to go out to potty anymore.