Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Question - >

New Question -

New Question -

Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 AM

I actually thought of buy one of those Blade Sharpener,I am glad you posted about one.I seen 2 actually last night.Could you pm and let me know which brand or which one you have I still might order the other one,after I find out which one you have thank you.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:23 AM

good thread.....at joanns with a coupon purchased a thread holder for cones (serger) ...... would be fine if it stayed on a shelf forever but when you lift it it off balances and opens and everything is all over the floor...have to tape it with painters tape or feel like i am on a gag show......quess it could be repurposed as a planter
Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 AM

ARRRGHHH - marking pens!!! I must have a dozen - disappearing ink ones (great except that you can't mark ahead of time - the ink disappears!!!), soapstone (doesn't work), soap slivers (are you KIDDING????), pouncing (forget THAT - BIG mess), pencil style - they work for a little while, then you sharpen them and the points keep breaking off..

My mom gave me one of those chalk marker sets with the different colored chalk sticks that you slide into a holder. Those are pretty good but they do tend to break easily as well.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Swap Hosts

A ruffling foot that keeps jamming the fabric in the feed dogs.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Pounce because it is messy to use and marks rub off before I am finished quilting the section, and the little pink iron because it doesn't get hot enough and the cord is in an awkward place. Don't like the tiny clover iron because it seems awkward for me to use. I probably have some rulers that I don't use, but, they made me happy for a while when I got them, always on sale or with a coupon.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:06 AM

Needle Threader, never got it to work. Thank goodness I bought it with a coupon. Same goes for the Gingher Seam Ripper, an again bought with a coupon. I just have bad luck using coupon's on worthless items. Oh well!!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Yep, I agree. The blade sharpener was a waste of money.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:48 AM

I have a cheapy hand held sharpener that you turn by hand. It works once you figure it out. Twist it back and forth with pressure then turn the blade over and do it again. It does work but be careful you could cut yourself handling the blade.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:48 AM

Blade sharpner. Isn't it funny hoe we all need these gadgets, use them once and there they sit, never to be used again?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
I would have to say that the worst purchase I've made towards sewing/quilting would be the brother cs6000i sewing machine. Had I known that it would only last a couple years, it would never have made it into my cart at WalMart (not that Walmart had anything to do with the machine's cheap construction). I've been educated and since purchased a Janome 6600 and am more than happy with her.
I still can't believe there are people out there who buy a sewing machine at WALMART and expect it to last like the GOOD Brother sewing machine that can be bought (at an expensive price, yes, but they will last!!!) at your local Sewing Shop. Please remember...there are cheap brands of just about everything. You get what you pay for.