Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pumpkin Stack Halloween Wall Hanging top that everyone has helped me with. >

Pumpkin Stack Halloween Wall Hanging top that everyone has helped me with.

Pumpkin Stack Halloween Wall Hanging top that everyone has helped me with.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 PM

Oh, goodness! This project has given me trouble almost every time I've touched it!
So, I went with the spray basting when I re-basted...
I began quilting (with my machine), and was that ever a nightmare! Bulky, bulky, bulky trying to quilt. When rolling up the quilt to get it to fit, it puckers worse than before I re-basted! It's looking like crap! Maybe part of my problem is from the extra batting that went in the center under the pumpkins.

I hope it turns out to look halfway like a rectangle when finished! I hope to find some more time to work on it tomorrow. I really hope it doesn't end up being as big of a disappointment to me as I anticipate. I'll keep everyone updated. Maybe it won't turn out too bad to post pics of!!1 :( :(
Old 10-22-2009, 12:26 AM

Miranda,

Stop being so hard on yourself. Your wall hanging is wonderful and if there is some oops in there it's okay that's what makes it handmade. :D Remember each project is about learning and getting better. No one judges us harsh than ourselves, so step back, take a deep breath and just in joy the process :D
Old 10-22-2009, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by ladybugquilter
Miranda,

Stop being so hard on yourself. Your wall hanging is wonderful and if there is some oops in there it's okay that's what makes it handmade. :D Remember each project is about learning and getting better. No one judges us harsh than ourselves, so step back, take a deep breath and just in joy the process :D
I was very aggravated with this project last night. I am ready to go in and tackle it again this morning.
I sure have learned a lot with this one! Thank you for the encouragement.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:37 AM

Miranda,

Oh, and I just realized you are from Maine! Maine is on top of my "states I want to visit" list! :)
Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 AM

when you come stop at Mardens they have quilt store fabric for $2.99 a yard:)

PS glad to hear that you are ready to tackle the project, keep the pictures coming
Old 10-22-2009, 05:32 AM

cute
Old 10-22-2009, 08:22 AM

Project is QUILTED! I still have the binding to do and some sort of hanger.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:27 AM

It didn't turn out as bad as I thought it was going to!! I had a really hard time quilting it in my regular sewing machine. I don't think I'll go larger for a while, yet! YIKES!

My QUILTED Pumpkin Stack! WHEW!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]51239[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51239.jpe  
Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 PM

Great job on the quilting, I LOVE how you outlined the pumpkins. Give yourself a huge pat on the back!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Great job on the quilting, I LOVE how you outlined the pumpkins. Give yourself a huge pat on the back!!!!
Thank you very much! It does look pretty good! :oops: hehe. I'm pretty pleased, but when that thing was under the machine, it looked like a nightmare! Wrinkles everywhere. I really tried to stretch it tight where I was quilting at. I guess I must've done something right.
The only thing I really wish I could've done differently is to have been able to have made my rows of stitching more even. One of the quilting guides would have been nice, but I seriously don't see how that would work with all the bulk under the machine. I couldn't even keep my presser foot raised bc I kept popping it back down when trying to move the bulk! Oh, well. I wasn't going to take the time to draw on lines to follow because I like to go with the flow as much as I can on projects instead of following something perfectly. By the time I was almost finished, I think I was getting the hang of it. Of course, by that time, though, I was able to unroll the quilt and most of the bulk was not under my machine!

I'm relieved! :D :D :D :D