Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilty New Year's Resolution >
  • Quilty New Year's Resolution

• Quilty New Year's Resolution

Old 12-23-2015, 05:51 AM

One quilt a month for me. I have so many started and so many quilts I want to make. I did it two years ago and it was a fun goal. Most were twin to double size and I was able to bless others with an unexpected surprise at Christmas. I have family members that do not have one of my quilts so..... some of those 12 will be made for them. Each Christmas I giving a couple of quilts to family until the whole gang has one. Two more this year!
    Old 12-23-2015, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    My resolution is to use up some of my huge 2.5" squares collection in some quilts! I have too many to store, and won't be able to take part in any more squares swaps until I get that collection dwindled down. So that's my goal....
    Oh, I wonder where all of those 2.5 squares came from..... Our swap perhaps? I have lots too. Good idea to whittle down that collection! For both of us! I saw another of us swappers commenting......Good idea for all of us then!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 12-23-2015 at 05:58 AM.
    Old 12-23-2015, 05:57 AM

Default nursing home needs

Thanks, Ruby2Shoes, for the insider info and for the suggestion of eye glass holders. I'll have to keep that in mind. Bet some bright colors would be especially appreciated.
    Old 12-23-2015, 06:00 AM

Finish my UFO's before anymore piecing occurs. I admit I am more of a pieces than a quilter. I love picking out fabrics, cutting them, piecing them, ironing them, touching them. The quilting, not so much. But that is going to change. My 2016 goal is to master FMQ on my domestic. After all, it it hard to gift a pieced top!😉
    Old 12-23-2015, 06:32 AM

I cut a lot of 2 1/2" squares for a GFG. I have a ton of them left, so I sew two together as a leader/ender. When I get 2, then I do 4, then 8, etc. When I get to 64, I add sashing and have a strip of blocks to sew another set of blocks to - eventually I will have a quilt made, hopefully this year.

My resolution is to finish a purple quilt for me, back and finish (learning to free motion quilting) some charity quilts, and reduce my stash. I also have some fabrics and patterns put together as a kit, but I resolve to not cut into them until some of my UFOs are done. I have my work cut out for me.
    Old 12-23-2015, 06:51 AM

I like the idea of putting a list on my pegboard in the sewing room. I forget about too many projects that get pushed aside.

My 2016 goal is to identify and finish all the projects started before 2016. I am making quilts for all family members (a project my Mom started and never finished) and I've got a LOT of family members - and the grand nieces and nephews have started showing up. I do make 3-4 quilt tops a month, and now that DH is learning to use the long arm, I can concentrate on tops and let him finish them up.
    Old 12-23-2015, 07:27 AM

To do more machine embroidery projects! I seriously did not do any this year...which was a goal.
    Sandy
    Old 12-23-2015, 07:28 AM
    Power Poster

We take the items and give to the individual residents, never turn in the whole batch at once to the home. Sad but we realized that most of the items not to get to the residents when there is a large amount donated.
    Old 12-23-2015, 08:17 AM

Since we plan to sell our home in 2017, my goal is to go through every box and tool and find a home for those things I won't ever use again, beginning on 01/02/16. Why not January 1? We'll be on the road that day.
    Old 12-23-2015, 08:21 AM

My resolution is not noble, either, I'm afraid. It's to get all my pieced tops quilted and then to use the scraps I have accumulated.