Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH help you? >

Does your DH help you?

Does your DH help you?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 AM

lol No.

He will give me an opinion if I ask for one...and if he's really bored, I'll put him to work ironing yardage if I need it. Otherwise, he might ask me how it's going, or give me an obligatory "Oh that's nice" when I show him my progress.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:51 AM

Mine is the best!! He gives me input on color coordination, does 95% of the cooking, Goes with me sometimes to LQSs, takes me all over the place to help load treadles and does all the price dickering.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 AM

My sweetie will cut, straighten blocks, embroidery, figure fabric needs, etc., etc. - Always willing to help with any project and has a great eye for color! I'm a lucky one!!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:57 AM

Mine helps with color selection. He's also somewhat of an enabler when it comes to fabric, notions and the FW.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM

my hubby cooks and cleans but he draws the line. He's not interested in quilting. LOL
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Are you kidding'? Mine is either practicing his golf swing or putting, looking up the odds on the ponies for the day or figuring out the numbers for Quick draw! So, I guess he does help me...by staying out of the way.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 AM

My husband will help with anything I ask him too. I have MS & sometimes my hands are quite shaky, he will do my cutting for me without my even asking!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
Hell would freeze over... :lol:

But he does his fair share of the housekeeping, all the cooking, doesn't say a word to me about how much time or money I spend quilting, listens patiently to my "somebody on QB said" stories and admires everything I make.

So he helps in his own way.
I don't envision my hubby ever doing any actual cutting or quilting, but he does like to help me deisgn,color coordinate, he'll listen to my questions and gives me an honest opinion, he'll go in the quilt shop if I am stopping to get something while we are out, and he admires everything I make. He's very supportive of my quilting and other hobbies, but I don't think he has the desire to quilt himself, although he does like the quilts I make.
And yes, he helps with housekeeping and cooking, and if I need time to work on a major project, I send him out golfing and he complies :lol:
Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 AM

Just last night my DH helped lay out batting for a large quilt i will be sending out for quilting today. He is always so helpful. When we go looking for fabric he helps me find what I need and carries my bags for me. He really is wonderful. Then again I hunt,fish, and hike with him. Great topic!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by deema
lol No.

He will give me an opinion if I ask for one...and if he's really bored, I'll put him to work ironing yardage if I need it. Otherwise, he might ask me how it's going, or give me an obligatory "Oh that's nice" when I show him my progress.
Ironing!!!! Thanks so much for the idea of how he can help!!