Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marshall Dry Goods? >

Marshall Dry Goods?

Marshall Dry Goods?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:55 AM

I am very confused with Marshall Dry Goods (ebay store and website) I have placed so many orders with them before and have not had problems until the last few orders. My last order the packaging was totally destroyed and the fabric was torn and soaked.

I have tried calling there toll free phone number and it says this number is not availible in your area and it diconects me. I have sent them many emails over the past 2 months and have never had a reply. I also have tryed sending them messages on ebay and I never get replys. Also on ebay it does not let me subscribe to there newsletter it says I have been blocked.

Is it possible to be blocked from ordering to much fabric? I thought that would be a good think. Or is it that they don't like to help you after you have a problem?

Sorry all I needed to vent, I am so upset over all this, I loved ordering from them but now I don't know what to do. :(
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 AM
crt

You might try this phone number. It's not toll free, but it might at least get you through to them.

(870) 793-2405
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 AM

I don't know what to tell you but I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with this company. Hopefully someone on here will have a suggestion for you.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

This is a matter that sounds like you need to bring up with whoever shipped it. They are the ones who destroyed the packing material and the contents :D:D:D
Old 01-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

Unfortunately, most toll free numbers only work inside the US. You are in Canada which is probably why it isn't working for you. I have never ordered from marshalls but I have heard they do not respond well to electronic business, that you are much better off calling them.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by crt
You might try this phone number. It's not toll free, but it might at least get you through to them.

(870) 793-2405

Yes, try their regular number. I tried emailing them once and never got a response either. I am only 1 1/4 hrs from them so now i make a trip out of it. They are very nice and helpful in the store and I can't really imagine why they suck so much at internet contact.

I would have to agree though that unless it was sub-par packaging to begin with that the carrier would be the one to go to for this problem. Marshalls' really can't control how the carrier handles the packages. Sub-par packaging would be their fault though.

Sorry you were not happy with your package. They have such super prices and the fabric is great quality! I won't be buying much from JoAnn's anymore now that I have discovered them, and so close to me :)
Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
Originally Posted by crt

(870) 793-2405

Yes, try their regular number. I tried emailing them once and never got a response either. I am only 1 1/4 hrs from them so now i make a trip out of it. They are very nice and helpful in the store and I can't really imagine why they suck so much at internet contact.

I would have to agree though that unless it was sub-par packaging to begin with that the carrier would be the one to go to for this problem. Marshalls' really can't control how the carrier handles the packages. Sub-par packaging would be their fault though.

Sorry you were not happy with your package. They have such super prices and the fabric is great quality! I won't be buying much from JoAnn's anymore now that I have discovered them, and so close to me :)
I wish we had a store close by here, I would go broke so fast I would probably come home with a truck load. lol

There fabrics are very nice and good quality and the price is fantastic. :)
Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aully
I am very confused with Marshall Dry Goods (ebay store and website) I have placed so many orders with them before and have not had problems until the last few orders. My last order the packaging was totally destroyed and the fabric was torn and soaked.

I have tried calling there toll free phone number and it says this number is not availible in your area and it diconects me. I have sent them many emails over the past 2 months and have never had a reply. I also have tryed sending them messages on ebay and I never get replys. Also on ebay it does not let me subscribe to there newsletter it says I have been blocked.

Is it possible to be blocked from ordering to much fabric? I thought that would be a good think. Or is it that they don't like to help you after you have a problem?

Sorry all I needed to vent, I am so upset over all this, I loved ordering from them but now I don't know what to do. :(
If Ebay is connected with them, let Ebay know. Sometimes that will solve the problem........
Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 AM

[quote=Aully]
Originally Posted by jtapp9
Originally Posted by crt

(870) 793-2405

I wish we had a store close by here, I would go broke so fast I would probably come home with a truck load. lol

There fabrics are very nice and good quality and the price is fantastic. :)
i get even better prices IN store. They have tables of most of the fabrics available, that have end pieces...most from 2-6yds...they sell for $1.99 a yard. Plus they have a clearance table of stuff that is $1.69 a yard. PLUS they have rolled up broadcloth of good quality for $1.59 yard and I buy it for quilt backs now.

Yes I am not allowed to go back for a few months now :oops: :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:
Old 01-13-2011, 10:23 AM
crt

I'm only about an hour from them, too. I have only been there once, but loved it!