Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marshall Dry Goods? >

Marshall Dry Goods?

Marshall Dry Goods?

Old 01-13-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jerrie1940
Originally Posted by Aully
I am very confused with Marshall Dry Goods (ebay store and website) I have placed so many orders with them before and have not had problems until the last few orders. My last order the packaging was totally destroyed and the fabric was torn and soaked.

I have tried calling there toll free phone number and it says this number is not availible in your area and it diconects me. I have sent them many emails over the past 2 months and have never had a reply. I also have tryed sending them messages on ebay and I never get replys. Also on ebay it does not let me subscribe to there newsletter it says I have been blocked.

Is it possible to be blocked from ordering to much fabric? I thought that would be a good think. Or is it that they don't like to help you after you have a problem?

Sorry all I needed to vent, I am so upset over all this, I loved ordering from them but now I don't know what to do. :(
If Ebay is connected with them, let Ebay know. Sometimes that will solve the problem........
How can I let Ebay know?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Several ladies and myself travel there about 3 times a year to purchase fabric and fleece. My favorite thing is their $1 fabric tables that have flaws or discoloratiions. If a cutter notices a flaw, that fabric will be sold to you for a $1. We love them. I have purchased off ebay and have had great customer service. One day we went and we were able to go to their warehouse across the tracks and purchase fabric by the pound. I got 90+ yards for just over $18. There is nothing like going to the store to shop, well worth the trip and then stop at Josie's on the river for lunch or dinner.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:32 AM

I am very confused with Marshall Dry Goods (ebay store and website) I have placed so many orders with them before and have not had problems until the last few orders. My last order the packaging was totally destroyed and the fabric was torn and soaked.

I have tried calling there toll free phone number and it says this number is not availible in your area and it diconects me. I have sent them many emails over the past 2 months and have never had a reply. I also have tryed sending them messages on ebay and I never get replys. Also on ebay it does not let me subscribe to there newsletter it says I have been blocked.

Is it possible to be blocked from ordering to much fabric? I thought that would be a good think. Or is it that they don't like to help you after you have a problem?

Sorry all I needed to vent, I am so upset over all this, I loved ordering from them but now I don't know what to do. :(
If Ebay is connected with them, let Ebay know. Sometimes that will solve the problem........
Okay I figured out how to send ebay an email, so I did, I should get a responce in 48 hours (I hope). Thanks! :)
Old 01-13-2011, 02:53 PM

I ordered from them once on their site. I was having problems with the payment and kept waiting and waiting for my order. I checked the website to find out about my order if it was being processed or what the hold up was and it says pending payment. I emailed them and never got any response. I tried calling and no one answered, left msgs. I had my DH call them and he spoke to a man, he said the order did not complete, gave me credit card again, he said it would be processed. 2 more weeks went by, stiill shows as payment pending. Called back about 7 or 8 times, found out the guy had not put through the payment. He appologized and I recieved my fabric about 4 days later. Even though I hear good raves and fabric no expensive, I am a little sour on dealing with them again
Old 01-13-2011, 03:33 PM

IMO, it's a mistake for a company to be unfair to just one quilter, because there's never just one -- they all have friends! Personally, I will not accept a damaged shipped package. The delivery carrier needs to be accountable to the shipper, as that's where their profit is made. If Marshall is having trouble with their delivery choices, they will have no recourse but to respond to that critical part of their business. See, it's no longer an individual consumers' problem - it's a corporate business problem.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:01 PM

How can I let Ebay know?
if you go on line you can get the phone number for ebay call them of if you used paypal do the same thing paypal is more corporative than ebay
Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 PM

Try the regular number and ask if it's possible to speak with Marshall directly. I've met him and he's a very nice man that will work with you to make sure that you're satisfied. He is, after all, a good businessman. That's a huge operation and although there's a lot of employees they go on a run all the time. But so does Marshall.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:19 AM

I purchssed fabric from them last year and when it came there was a handwritten note in with the fabric that said they charged me for 3 yards that they didn't have and to get intouch with a person to have it corrected. Why didn't they just credit my card? Sent emails, etc. to no avail. Was so disappointed. Have not ordered from them since.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by TeresaT
I purchssed fabric from them last year and when it came there was a handwritten note in with the fabric that said they charged me for 3 yards that they didn't have and to get intouch with a person to have it corrected. Why didn't they just credit my card? Sent emails, etc. to no avail. Was so disappointed. Have not ordered from them since.
There again, contact Marshall himself. I'm sure he'll make it right.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:48 AM

I have still not heard back from ebay on this. :(