Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I finally did it!!! and projects coming out my ears!!! >

I finally did it!!! and projects coming out my ears!!!

I finally did it!!! and projects coming out my ears!!!

Old 11-21-2013, 10:48 AM

My husband turned heat way down & I would be cold until our furnace man told him u use more heat because it takes longer to get house, walls, furniture, floors etc warm. Furnace works harder to get things warm
Old 11-21-2013, 10:56 AM
lbc

I have my sewing machine at the opposite end of the house from my ironing board. I get a few steps in because I press everything as I am sewing.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

I love your lamps.
Your pictures came out well and look at you...no messy sewing room here.
Sounds like you're pacing yourself well.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:04 PM

Due to bad knees, I have to keep my ironing board away from the swing machine--if I don't get up regularly, I can't get up! I'd been so busy on the long arm, working on Christmas sewing and charity stuff,that I had to dig out my sewing room yesterday--after spending 40 min just finding a Christmas kit, I decided it was time. Your sewing room looks so organized!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:43 AM

Default Ididit too.

Stitch:
Try using organza to replicate the shiny jellyfish surfaces. I have used it to make steam from a coffee mug look authentic.
Where do you live? Can you get to a store that sells dressmaker fabrics? That's where you'll find it.
If not PM me and I will send you some.
VERY neat sewing room makes my heaps look even worse, but just ask me , I can find it.
Pegeth

Originally Posted by Stitch124 View Post
Hi Linda -- our guild has a challenge quilt/wall hanging event in May, 2014. I'm making a jellyfish and using the strings to embellish the quilt to look like coral. Still working on the design and how to make the jellyfish look real. I have time to figure it out.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:55 AM

ok == I wish I could say I'm loving the new higher table. I guess I'm just plain-old lazy. I was working a a quilt top that had to have every single seam pressed before I could sew the next seam. Needless to say, I'm and down and up and down gets very tiring. But over a couple days, I finally got it all pieced...and ironed...and starched and ironed again.....then my iron died! I'm about to recover that pressing board....looks so depressing ( haha - pun intended)!!! Anyway....when I really get on a roll sewing and piecing, there are strings and scraps and everywhere. I even found some thread in my bra and in my hair!...and no I don't sew stripped down!!! lolol

Anyway, I finished the Around the Corner quilt top and I'm sewing the Cathedral quilt top tonight. Two projects coming together at the same time! whoo-hoo!!

I've been battling a cold and cough and have been sleeping in the spare room. Gotta say...I get much better sleep in there, sorry DH, especially when he gets up at 4am and starts doing dishes...our bed headboard is on the same wall as the kitchen sink....man can he make some loud and crazy racket doing dishes...and of course, he's almost deaf so he doesn't really hear how loud it is.

I'm rambling......