major clean up!

Old 10-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Inspiring!!! Thanks.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:58 PM

Wow, nice room and great job! Wish I'd read this last week when I was in the midst of my own clean and purge. I did similar things, getting rid of tons of tiny pieces and selvedges that I know others like but I never use. Brought a whole bunch to guild meeting last week in small, clear bags and nearly all of it disappeared. Also got rid of some non-quilt stuff and strips of batting cut from edges. Brought another load to our local recycling center swap shop, where I'm sure it all found a good home. Most was not up to sales quality to bring to the thrift shop for resale. Problem with a really clean storage is now I'm kind of stuck about starting a new project because I dread pulling stuff out again.
Love your little helpers, too. They look very much at home in your happy place.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:44 PM

That is quite a make over and well done and thought out...
Kirsten
Old 10-09-2014, 12:09 PM

I admire you Beth. I wish I could bring myself to purge and get rid of things but it always seems that when I do that, I usually have a need for it and it's gone and then I wish I had it yet to use. Love your Papillons. I have a Papillon too and my girl is Black and white. They are wonderful aren't they? Your sewing room looks great. What a joy to sew in an uncluttered space. I'm working on it. tee hee
Old 10-09-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sandrea View Post
I admire you Beth. I wish I could bring myself to purge and get rid of things but it always seems that when I do that, I usually have a need for it and it's gone and then I wish I had it yet to use.
And that could happen, but in truth I doubt it. most that I let go I kept for sentimental reasons and in truth I would seldom use them. Some had been gifted to me by people I loved but I decided those people would rather I sewed more by having space. Theres so many projects I can do with what I kept.

Love your Papillons. I have a Papillon too and my girl is Black and white. They are wonderful aren't they?
They are! I love them and will always have a few?
Old 10-09-2014, 07:10 PM

Oh my gosh you did fantastic. I'm going through the same process. My sewing room is so small but have done a lot of sorting and rearranging plus getting rid of things that I no longer do. There is nothing harder for a quilter, sewer, and crafter to do than getting rid of things. It's like a big OUCH. I love your helpers. I've got 2 little ones also. Doesn't it feel so good to have accomplished that task? Great job and happy quilting.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

Looks great...Love the fur babies...
Old 10-10-2014, 12:51 PM

Love your space and your helpers! I would love to know the brand and color of the wall paint. It would be perfect for a room I need to paint!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by kbatky View Post
Love your space and your helpers! I would love to know the brand and color of the wall paint. It would be perfect for a room I need to paint!
I am sorry, its been so many years since I painted it that I no longer have the can. I remember it was "Sante Fe something" and I'm sure I bought it at Lowes (because we bought all the paint at Lowes when we moved in).
Old 10-12-2014, 04:05 AM

I love your sewing set up. Your clock....very nice!!!