Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric dot com and Amazon >

Fabric dot com and Amazon

Fabric dot com and Amazon

Old 06-10-2018, 04:07 PM

I love Amazon. Many things in my area are not available and I refuse to drive 1-2 hours for them.

Amazon wouldn't buy companies if they weren't for sale. I always shop locally first then go to Amazon and other internet sites.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:31 PM

I bought Kaufman flannel from them in April and it was wonderful and the cheapest price I could find.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:43 PM

I've been Prime member of Amazon for .... Well, I'm not sure. Several years. Even though the cost of membership has gone up (next raise will make it double of what I started at), it's still worth it for me. Even as a teenager, I detested shopping, and that has not changed. In addition, the closest mall is 45 minutes away. Between my time, my dislike of shopping, and gasoline, I'd much rather pay for the membership and have purchases delivered to my door.

I would definitely contact Amazon to report fabric that was not acceptable after washing. I try to post review on Amazon when I get exceptional customer service or product - but I will also post if there is an issue that isn't resolved. If the issue is resolved after a sub-par review, I edit the review to reflect that.

What I miss about fabric.com prior to the purchase by Amazon is that they used to have good sales, both in price per yard and percentage off purchase sales. If there is something that I have seen and am interested in, I would look online and compare prices, as I would for any merchandise. Then I'd decide if I wanted it badly enough to order or not. If I'm not getting it on sale, the answer to that is "Meh" more and more often. Getting older, retired, and have. So. Much. Stuff. But if I needed it ("need" being subjective!), I'd order.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:48 PM

I found fabric I wanted on Fabric.com, then ordered it from Amazon - no shipping and much faster. Amazon is a Godsend for people like me - semi handicapped and living in a small town with limited shopping availability. Thee only problem I have with Amazon is sizes in clothing, but the generous return policy helps with that.

peace and joy, check out Hancock's of Padukah sale pages. Lots of bargains, though you do need to purchase in one yard increments.

Last edited by Irishrose2; 06-10-2018 at 08:51 PM.