Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric dot com and Amazon >

Fabric dot com and Amazon

Fabric dot com and Amazon

Old 06-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

Be careful returning too many things to amazon! I just watch a news report on people being banned off amazon permanently. They cannot even access accounts they have on Kindle and Netflicks.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

I guess we can't have it both ways - wanting local stores but looking for bargains on line. I love Amazon. I have tried with some things to buy local (not quilting related) but they are way more money plus my time and gas.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I've always ordered wide flannel for backing from Fabric.com. I got my latest order from them last week ( it came shipped by Amazon) and I could just cry! Their flannel has always been nice- soft and thick, no problems with it at all. What I got last week is a joke. When it came out of the dryer, it had pills all over it. It's disgusting, I can't even use it or return it because I've already washed and dried it. I guess they've changed their supplier. I won't be ordering any more from them.
Have you called them to report this issue? I did some survey work for Fabric.com and found those people to be very aware of good customer service. Don't be mad...get satisfaction.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:51 AM

I still buy brand name fabrics like premium muslin from Fabric.com though Amazon. Like to one-stop shop at the same price. Didn't know Amazon had bought the business, but as long as I can get what I want, I will go there.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:23 PM

What is sad is when the large stores gobble up all the small stores and then the large stores leave you abandoned, we just lost our Sam's Club and that's a huge hole for that type of merchandise. Our major grocery store is filing bankruptcy. Now the malls are dying...instead of going forward, we are going backward, think Sears & Roebuck catalog, ordering and waiting and hoping it's acceptable or you have the cost to return. now websites are the new catalogs, so as we age we have to keep up with computers and hostage to the always increasing internet fees. I get convenience, but we are losing our stores (small businesses)and soon it will be our money. Now Amazon is putting internet stores out of business or buying them, is it greed or what?... Soon they will deciding what we are allowed to buy, our only choice will be what they want us to have. And I thought Walmart was the worst of it -they are in trouble too! Call me old fashioned
Old 06-05-2018, 01:25 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Here are four sources of Quilters Dream Green batting for comparison shopping:

https://www.backsidefabrics.com/quil...to-show-price/

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/SHOP...-Quilt-Batting

https://www.keepsakequilting.com/qui...double-batting

https://www.amazon.com/Quilters-Drea.../dp/B01CPSDX9O
Old 06-05-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I don't understand what you people have against Amazon. Sadly, large companies is the sign of the times. Ask your family doctor, or your dentist, they will tell you they can't make any money staying small. It is all about profit margin these days, as I said before, that is progress. I love Amazon, free shipping and guaranteed delivery in 2 days. I don't have to battle crowds, save on gas not having to drive to various stores, when all I have to do is click the mouse and anything I want is at hand, and usually at a better price. Amazon has a great return policy too.
Amazon reportedly treats their workers horribly, and they are ruthless in their business practices, like Wal-Mart, deliberately lowering prices to put smaller places out of business. Amazon and Wal-Mart have been devastating to smaller businesses in this country, just like massive factory farms have been devastating to smaller family farms. Bigger is not necessarily better, and personally, I would not call this trend 'progress.'
Old 06-05-2018, 04:08 PM

i ordered from them once. They sent the wrong package (wrong order number, etc) to me. I called to let them know and was going to drop it back in the post. They told me they wouldn't refund my card even though I showed the lady that the order number on the outside of the package wasn't the same as the packing slip (someone obviously messed up the labels on the package) until they received the package back...and oh, they were now sold out of the fabric that i had actually ordered. I called my cc company and they immediately did a chargeback no questions asked.

not good customer service at all....it was like they blamed me for the mistake!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:24 PM

I've always ordered wide flannel for backing from Fabric.com. I got my latest order from them last week ( it came shipped by Amazon) and I could just cry! Their flannel has always been nice- soft and thick, no problems with it at all. What I got last week is a joke. When it came out of the dryer, it had pills all over it. It's disgusting, I can't even use it or return it because I've already washed and dried it. I guess they've changed their supplier. I won't be ordering any more from them.
Definitely contact them, they have always had good customer service and so does Amazon, I would be surprised if they don't let you return it, you couldn't know til you washed it.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:31 AM

I hope you wrote a review and complained about it. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel...