Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just curious...am I the only one >

Just curious...am I the only one

Just curious...am I the only one

Old 08-31-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by newestnana
who has to do a major job of tidying a room before taking a picture of a quilt to post on this board?
Of course you are. I photograph my quilts outside for the natural light, not because there's no clear area I could photograph it inside.

My birthday was last week, hubby bought me a sign for my sewing room. I've got it sitting on the windowsill. It reads: "Organized People Are Just Too Lazy To Search For Things"
Old 08-31-2011, 08:28 AM

Now you know why my pics were taken outside :)
Old 08-31-2011, 08:34 AM

Outside photos are best for lighting. I often ask my husband to hold the quilt up for a photo (though it may not hang straight at the bottom), or I lay the quilt on the floor & try to get the camera high enough and centered to get the whole picture without distortion. No perfect photos taken yet ; ) I'm always amazed how well people photograph their quilts as it's not that easy to do well.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
Of course you are. My house is spotless, 'cause I never spend too much time on this board, or piecing quilts!!!!
Hope that your nose doesn't grow as long as Pinicchio's with all those 'tall tales' you are telling.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by newestnana
who has to do a major job of tidying a room before taking a picture of a quilt to post on this board?

My bedroom has so much clutter (mostly quilting related but admittedly some other stuff) that you would be really distracted from seeing the only thing I want you to look at.
I got that one figured out! When we bought this house, my DH had the boys put cup hooks hanging down from my porch roof on the wood. This was to hang Christmas lights on, easy on, easy off! I love it!

Since then, I have saved a few plastic pants hangers and put them on the quilts on them, then hang them from the cup hooks! Works perfect! Gives the quilts enough support since the hooks aren't very far apart and the hangers are about 6 inches long with two clips!

The porch is usually fairly clean!
I bugged him for awhile for a place to hang quilts and we just couldn't figure anything else out, so this works fine.

Course with the larger quilts, you don't see the wire fence at the bottom of the porch!
You can see the hangers in this picture.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249545.jpe  
Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 AM

I use to have a spotless house. I worked very long hours and wasn't home much. Then..........I started dating my future, wonderful DH, and things have changed a lot. After being married almost 13 years and two cats later, I need a cleaning crew daily. I'm sorry to say that doesn't happen. My sewing room is usually a mess. When I clean it up the cats think they can help me sew and lay on the sewing table lol.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:06 AM

CROP
Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 AM

I take pictures in my living room. It is always neat and tiddy because we hardly ever use it and it has a big floor to lay the quilt out on.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Marilynsue
Originally Posted by alikat110
Of course you are. My house is spotless, 'cause I never spend too much time on this board, or piecing quilts!!!!
Wow! You and I must be related. heeheehee
me too I guess we are all sisters (and brothers) under the skin. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-31-2011, 10:18 AM

clean before a pic ? are you kidding and take time away from sewing ? nah