Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Andrew's Cars; a quilt I just finished for a 3 yr. old... >

Andrew's Cars; a quilt I just finished for a 3 yr. old...

Andrew's Cars; a quilt I just finished for a 3 yr. old...

Old 12-02-2011, 08:22 PM

What a sweet person you are. I'm sure both the mother and Andrew will be thrilled. And I can tell you are getting a lot of Joy from your gift as well.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Power Poster

Awww little Andrew is going to love his cars quilt
Old 12-04-2011, 06:38 PM

I had a very interesting experience delivering the quilt. Of course Mom was delighted and became sniffy and I was very touched. She called dad and he wanted to meet me too, and since they lived only a few blocks from where we were having coffee, I drove her home and met dad. He was super nice and complimentary about the quilt, and Mom kept saying see honey, she's like a professional quilter. I was getting a little (read that a lot) embarassed at how they were going on. I didn't get to meet Andrew as he was at his day care. Then Mom said she was planning to wrap the quilt up to put under the tree as part of Andrew's Christmas. I was a little disappointed about that, but I had given it, so that was out of my hands now. I gave them both hugs and Merry Christmas wishes and started saying my goodbyes.. they were walking with me to my car and Mom said, "Don't be surprised if I call you about a quilt for my daughter, she will want one too after she sees this one." I was more than a little taken aback and not at all sure how to respond so I just didn't comment at all and said, "Y'all have a wonderful Christmas!!" and left, still smiling, of course.
But on the way home I kept thinking about what I would say if she called and asked me to make one for her healthy daughter. I have not so far been put into that position so will find it an awkward situation. I'll have to give it a lot of thought so that if/when it does happen, I'll be ready to handle it. I'm not so good at disappointing other people. LOL, but I do know that for my own good, there are times when I have to.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 AM

This is a tricky one. I would probly do it cause I am a softie....I on the other hand know what it is like to overextend myself and then get myself all worked up trying to get it all done.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 AM

What an angel you are. Andrew will love it!