Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 03-10-2016, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
I'm nervous!
Can you tell I'm nervous by the fact that I posted on the wrong thread! I'm dreaming quilt squares & I've been looking at different ones for a week now. I'll check in on you over achievers but I'll try to keep my posts where they belong!
Old 03-11-2016, 12:42 AM
Power Poster

My garage is full with baby chicks as DH likes hatching them. One DD works at a feed store and it is chick week there. when she call me to say she is running late I can hear chicks on the back ground. so much fun. I want to go over there but I am scared I will buy too many of them and that on credit too. Not a good thing. I have been known to bring home everything and everybody that needs a home.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:44 AM

GramE, you don't have to keep to your own thread exclusively. Often, the 2 month group gets busier faster than the 3 month group. I separate the groups mostly to keep track of deadlines, pix and other info that pertain to a certain group. There IS a lot of overlap but you are welcome to join in the conversation here too.

And there's nothing to be nervous about. Just make the blocks you are comfortable with, try to follow color requests as much as possible and you are in like Flynn. This is definitely not a competition! I'm probably one of the least experienced quilters here and were it a competition, I'd consistently lose so I don't think of it that way. This is fun! And once the blocks start showing up, you'll probably find a little inspiration.

So don't hesitate to join in as frequently as you wish on either thread but remember to post pix of your blocks and questions about your group to the GT thread. And you probably don't know it but often newbies to the swap don't post much but you are already way ahead of others the first time around. I love how you aren't just lurking. Makes it more enjoyable all the way around. [QUOTE=GramE;7490556]Can you tell I'm nervous by the fact that I posted on the wrong thread! I'm dreaming quilt squares & I've been looking at different ones for a week now. I'll check in on you over achievers but I'll try to keep my posts where they belong!

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-11-2016 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:56 AM

All this chicken talk! I love it. We have a little cabin in the country and our next door neighbors have dozens of chickens. Most of the eggs are for sale or food but they do hatch and raise a bunch of chicks each year. Those chickens run all over the place and despite having a fenced area, they manage to sneak out more often than I would think possible. I love to see them wandering around. Those chickens have the best life I think a chicken can have. I've wanted to have raise chickens myself but not living there full-time prohibits that. Besides, we have foxes, hawks and snakes who love a little chick dinner so they'd need watching. Maybe one day if we ever decide to move there full time, I'll be able to have a few. In the meantime, I enjoy reading all these chicken stories.

But Kass, Jaba and Anna, do you cook eggs and feed them to the chickens? I saw my neighbor feeding them a little cooked egg and it freaked me out a bit, way more so than the deviled eggs thing. That's cannibalism! The ick factor is high on that one. She says it's good for them. Is feeding your chickens cooked eggs normal??? And I cannot believe I just asked that question here.

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-11-2016 at 06:03 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:53 AM

Absolutely normal, it is good for them and they LOVE it. Chickens by nature are cannibals. I also feed them the offal on process day. Most people that don't keep chickens don't realize they are scavangers and hunters, not just insects but frogs, snakes, rodents are all on the menu.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:57 AM

Here is a pic of my favorite chick of this hatch (so far) while I was helping her hatch I kept calling her "Beautimous"
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0739.jpg  
Old 03-11-2016, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Sew cute Kassaundra. If you'd live closer I'd ask DH if I could just buy some of your chicks. relations of Rudy you know. We are in Socal so it could even be one of less feathers I am just not sure about the other chickens. they might just think it is a meal. We already have a hard time getting them to lay of on the necks of the naked neck chickens or the tufts on top of the Polish chickens. with the tufts they like to play" He loves me, He loves me not" they pull out all of the cute crown feathers on the Polish chickens.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Here is a pic of my favorite chick of this hatch (so far) while I was helping her hatch I kept calling her "Beautimous"
And she is beautimous! All this chick talk is making me want a few again. I grew up with game chickens on the yard. Ah, but we have coyotes so there goes that thought. I guess I could round up a few of Sindy's chicken patterns and go from there. Hey, there's a thought! Who's up for hosting a chicken swap later on???
Old 03-11-2016, 07:41 AM

See, Boomers, the things you can learn when you join this group. Thank you, Kassaundra, for enlightening me. Maybe you can post pix as Beautimous grows? She can be the OA mascot.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Absolutely normal, it is good for them and they LOVE it. Chickens by nature are cannibals. I also feed them the offal on process day. Most people that don't keep chickens don't realize they are scavangers and hunters, not just insects but frogs, snakes, rodents are all on the menu.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:50 AM

know nothing about raising chickens nor do I have the desire to but sure is fun learning about them.