Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why shops close >

Why shops close

Why shops close

Old 01-08-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by M.Elizabeth View Post
Based on classes for senior citizens my husband and I took a couple years ago, we never use our debit card. We used to use them exclusively. However, the leaders in these classes said credit cards are much safer because if you lose the card and someone goes wild spending with your card, you are only responsible for $50 and the card company covers the rest. If you lose your debit card, your bank account can be emptied in a hurry with no recourse. So now we purchase only with a credit card and pay it in total when the bill comes. Just for your info.
We use our credit card for nearly everything for that exact reason and we pay it off in the same day sometimes. I laughed at someone who chided me at the grocery store for "getting yourself into debt with that thing" and I said, "I'll pay it off this afternoon, it's called online banking and I don't carry a balance." Had a skimmer one time at a gas station and the card company caught it, stopped it, sent new cards and covered 100%. Not safe to carry large amounts of cash, I only have a 10 in my wallet for absolute emergencies.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:10 PM

I've had major issues with the ignore thing with local places. I love that you know everyone, that's part of what makes a successful business, but acting like I interrupted your slumber party when I wanted to buy something is very off-putting. I did Row by Row one summer and two local places were ignoring my friend and I: after standing at the register quietly for five minutes while you're looking at me but still sitting with your buddies sharing facial tips I just put my fat quarters back and quietly left. Never to return.