Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Calling all New England quilters >

Calling all New England quilters

Calling all New England quilters

Old 08-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Hi All...

I'd love to join you, but would only be able to meet up for lunch and possibly hit Quilted Threads if its your last stop. (I'm in Bow).

The 99 Restaurant in Concord is off of Loudon Rd near the Steeplegate Mall. It will most likely take 25-30 mins to get to QT depending on holiday weekend traffic (shouldn't be all that bad that time of day).

There is also Chen Yang Li (Chinese) off of Rt. 89, Exit 1... literally,right off the highway. Easy off and easy back on to head north to Henniker.

FYI: Daniel's in Henniker is a great place to eat, with great people. I'm not sure when New England College (in Henniker) Parent's Weekend is, but be on alert if its during your weekend trip. It will be obnoxiously busy everywhere in Henniker and surrounding area.

Please keep us posted closer to the date as to what the final plans are. I would love to meet more people from the board!
Old 08-15-2010, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by cattailsquilts
Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Just a heads up. A call may have to be made for Martins in Bedford, someone told me that they closed.
I can guarantee you they are NOT closed, they moved to a bigger, better location around the corner!! They're now on Kilton Rd, where the 'new' freeway exchange is. http://martinshouseofcloth.com/

The owner of the old building took the first floor back for their own shop stuff & forced Martin's to condense to the second floor. Now, if you've ever been in there, you know that's an impossibility. So they built a new shop & moved!
That is sooo good to know!! A friend of mine went there and told me it was no longer there. I didn't go check it out myself. I will pass this good news on!!! Thanks!
:thumbup:
Old 08-15-2010, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by NHSOMND
Hi All...

I'd love to join you, but would only be able to meet up for lunch and possibly hit Quilted Threads if its your last stop. (I'm in Bow).

The 99 Restaurant in Concord is off of Loudon Rd near the Steeplegate Mall. It will most likely take 25-30 mins to get to QT depending on holiday weekend traffic (shouldn't be all that bad that time of day).

There is also Chen Yang Li (Chinese) off of Rt. 89, Exit 1... literally,right off the highway. Easy off and easy back on to head north to Henniker.

FYI: Daniel's in Henniker is a great place to eat, with great people. I'm not sure when New England College (in Henniker) Parent's Weekend is, but be on alert if its during your weekend trip. It will be obnoxiously busy everywhere in Henniker and surrounding area.

Please keep us posted closer to the date as to what the final plans are. I would love to meet more people from the board!
Too funny!!!! When I started reading your reply I went ooooh I forgot. Ting! Then I read your from Bow also. That's soo cool!! Your right, good food, good access off and on highway. Good job!! :thumbup:
Old 08-16-2010, 06:37 AM

I'd love to, but Columbus Day weekend is closing weekend for our seasonal home in Maine. Boo :(. I live in Mass. next to the NH line. That would have been exciting!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 AM

June-
I have that pattern! But I haven't worked up the guts to try it out yet. Nice to see one that someone HAS made.
lots2do
Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBug Quilting
I'd love to, but Columbus Day weekend is closing weekend for our seasonal home in Maine. Boo :(. I live in Mass. next to the NH line. That would have been exciting!
If this one goes off well, maybe we can schedule another one, perhaps in the Spring? Sorry you can't make it to this one!
Old 08-21-2010, 12:18 PM

Well did go to Nonnie's for their buffet. It was great!! But, they aren't open on the weekends for lunch. What a bummer!!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 PM

Hi QBeth,

Boy, this is really going so well! I will be able to meet you in Salem. I can't do the hop, hubby wouldn't be to happy about that - its our anniversary weekend. Salem isn't far from Rockport, so I can easily find my way. If you PM me, I will give you my cell phone number and you can let me know about what time you would be there? That's if Salem ends up on the hop list. You might be heading toward NH from the sound of where everyone is.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:43 PM

Kooklabell,

The Salem we are talking about is Salem NH, not Salem Ma, which is close to Rockport.

May I suggest you let us know what kind of time frame you will have available on that Saturday, and maybe we can change the plans to be more suitable to your needs.

Diane
Old 08-25-2010, 06:40 AM

Kooklabell brings up a point that I've been thinking about; i.e., how to coordinate with folks that can't join the entire shop hop. First, IMO, we need to firm up the shop list and the order in which we visit them. I have a very good list based on suggestions from all of you; to define a reasonable order, I'll look at a map or, all of you chime in!

From the looks of it, Quilted Threads in Henniker, NH, will be our last stop. Any opinions on how long we might dilly dally at other shops? Half-hour, 45 mins, ??? Once we have a rough schedule, then we can decide the best way to let everyone, who isn't on the whole shop hop, know where we are. Again, suggestions? Do we call the few who fall into this group? I have cell phone coverage, no charge, across the country so it's no problem to call people.

How does this sound as a starting point for planning?