Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Calling all New England quilters >

Calling all New England quilters

Calling all New England quilters

Old 08-11-2010, 04:03 AM
Banned

Gollytwo is definitely on
Only shop for me: Henniker's Quilted Threads

There are 2 restaurants nearby that Becky has recommended to a friend and me in the past. I can see them both in my mind's eye, but not their names.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:14 AM

I am in too, and can hardly wait. this will be so great. Should we wear name tags, or our avatar, or carry our quilts? lol
Old 08-11-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by dmackey
Originally Posted by QBeth
Over the weekend I was doing some thinking... always dangerours! :-)

The question was raised about whether we all drive our own cars during the shop hop or try to carpool after leaving the cars somewhere safe.
Not sure how it will all work out in the long run, but it looks like some people will be joining us along the way, plus, we all live in such different areas, that leaving the last stop might take us all on different paths to home.

I think once we have confirmed plans for where we will be visiting, that might make the car pooling decisions easier.

With the choices we have so far, there is a shopping center close to Candlelight. There is a shopping center close to Shamrock Quilts in Hudson, there is parking at Bits and Pieces in Pelham, there is parking at Pine Tree Quilts in Salem, but don't know about D&D, or Stitched in Stone.

Diane
Ah, you figured out the name of that quilt shop in Kingston(?)!

Agree on the car pooling decision; it will be much easier once we have a definite list of folks and shops. The same thought ocurred to me about people coming from the four corners of Earth _:-)_ but thought I'd field the question. As for D&D, they have a lot of parking there in that they're in a small mini-mall. But, that Pelham/Kingston area may be too off the path we might take. Still, something to keep in mind.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
I am in too, and can hardly wait. this will be so great. Should we wear name tags, or our avatar, or carry our quilts? lol
Just changed your status from ?? to coming!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo

There are 2 restaurants nearby that Becky has recommended to a friend and me in the past. I can see them both in my mind's eye, but not their names.
One is surely Daniel's of Henniker and I can highly recommend it. Great people, great atmosphere, great view of the river, and great food. http://www.danielsofhenniker.com/ It would be a wonderful place to relax and chat before heading home
Old 08-11-2010, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
Just changed your status from ?? to coming!
yay
Old 08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Originally Posted by gollytwo

One is surely Daniel's of Henniker and I can highly recommend it. Great people, great atmosphere, great view of the river, and great food. http://www.danielsofhenniker.com/ It would be a wonderful place to relax and chat before heading home
Neither recommendation was Daniel's; but it is easy to find and has space to pull tables together.
One problem could be there are a lot of stairs if any of us has trouble with them.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:12 AM

Just a heads up. A call may have to be made for Martins in Bedford, someone told me that they closed.

Now you're in my neck of the woods!! If you're going to be eating in the Concord area, there's the Red Apple where it's all you can eat Chinese, American & Italian (but mostly chinese). Its right on Loudon Road. Having 15 or more people there is absolutely no problem. Also down Loudon Rd are Ruby Tuesdays, Applebee's, LongHorn, Newick's, Arnies (small place where antique cars hang out). Then right off of 93 there's a Holiday Inn which has an Italian restaurant Nonnie's and they used to have a buffet lunch there (good eats), around $10/pp. Were supposedly going there today for lunch so I can let you know if they still have the buffet there or not.

If you're going to be coming up this way, please PM me as I don't get e-mail notifications. Hit the SPAM button a few months back and Admin notified me that he couldn't do anything about it.

I can get a pretty good list of places together for restuarants for all of you, plus there's a small LQS in Concord the Golden Geese, plus JoAnn's that are right in the vicinity. Quilted Threads is about 20 mins. west from Concord. Keepsake about an hour maybe + a couple north.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Just a heads up. A call may have to be made for Martins in Bedford, someone told me that they closed.
I can guarantee you they are NOT closed, they moved to a bigger, better location around the corner!! They're now on Kilton Rd, where the 'new' freeway exchange is. http://martinshouseofcloth.com/

The owner of the old building took the first floor back for their own shop stuff & forced Martin's to condense to the second floor. Now, if you've ever been in there, you know that's an impossibility. So they built a new shop & moved!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:08 AM

I'm in RI so I may be able to meet you in Chelmsford, MA