Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 07-13-2014, 07:12 AM

I know everyone likes to see pictures so I thought I would show you one of my Halloween blocks for the swap here on QB. This is a 9 1/2" block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482882[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails halloween-block-3.jpg  
Old 07-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Oh my .... Love your block klaws! We are really getting some cute blocks shown for the Halloween block swap. It is getting so exciting.

If anyone is interested, there is plenty of time to join!

I was looking for inspiration for a chicken pincushion last night. I think I found one to swap with if I can get a wiggle on to join in the fun.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

the more the merrier for our swaps
that block is precious, makes you want one for a pet....NOT!!!!!

Pretty soon we'll be looking to the sky for our swap gifts.
dreary, overcast and hot here today. maybe a t-storm.

susan, How was the moon bow??? Pics please
Old 07-13-2014, 10:58 AM

I love your Halloween block. If it was really Halloween then this hot summer would be over. Another hot and humid day but I think I'm in for thunderstorms. On the news last night they said we were .50" below for rain. Are you kidding me. After all the floods all over the place. Here's a pic of mystery flower. I'm sure it's some kind of lily but it's in with my bee balm and iris. Hope everyone has a great day
Attached Thumbnails lilies-004.jpg  
Old 07-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

Karen that block is so cute with the happy spider? Sort of looks like a tarantula as big as it is. lol..

The moon bow was beautiful. I am waiting for my son to send me a pic. He better after all the walking, and climbing across rock etc. last night. lol... He said the night before there were like 300 people there. Well last night there were like a couple of thousand. It took us 1 hour driving around all the parking areas to finally find a place where someone had pulled out. Everyone including me had flash lights to see where we were walking. I could feel the mist coming up on my face from the falls. It was really nice. My left knee doesn't work too good today, but it was worth it. lol... I got to meet one of his friends that he use to work with, and who is into photography like he is. My son was able to give out many of his business cards to those asking that didn't have the right cameras to get the photos.

I think one of my favorite parts of the trip was seeing 2 baby raccoons. My son went to use the rest room, and to take a break I went to sit on this place with rock ledges. While sitting there I looking down one side away from everyone, and there was 2 baby raccoons I guess searching for food. As long as I was still and quiet they weren't bothered by my being there. They walked up to me about 5 feet away. I didn't bring my little camera so I waited for my son, and he seen them and we followed them so he tried to get some pics. I have seen raccoons out in the road as we are driving some back roads, but never some little babies playing around and coming close up like that. I just love wildlife.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Pat it sure looks like a lily. Do you have the wild tiger lilies there? Very pretty picture.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

love that double tiger lily. we re-claimed them from the woods by my house. this year, some came up double.
My favorite flowers are tiger lilys, pussy willows and snapdragons. when i was little about 3-4, i used to like to 'open their mouths' on the snapdragons
your photo is beautiful.
for some reason, most of my tiger lilys are single petals, but a few this year are double. anyone know why.
Susan, those little fellas are some kind of rascals,aren't they?? they are very meticulous with their food and very kind when it comes to digging in the trash. the opossums just know it over and rifle thru, while the coons, pick lightly.
have a great day all, off to do hexies soon.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

pat, loved the color combo, orange, purple and green so much, i did a quilt in it. (i love tiger lilys and hate orange, go figure. but i always love orange fabric, just not on me)
Old 07-13-2014, 12:50 PM

I only have the orange and yellow day lilies. This one might have been in the iris I had bought at a yard sale as I know I didn't plant it. That was quite an excursion you had last night. Sure were a lot of people there. Since I found that raccoon in my garage I would have freaked out if I saw them at night. I just signed up for View Bug that is a site for all kinds of photo contests. I only have the free one but you can post your pics on it and even sign up for the free contests.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

well put that picture of the tiger lily, you just might be a winner!