Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-28-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Ralph suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there.

Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out. When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable.

When she went to tell Edna the news she said,' Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love... I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness. The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead.'

Edna replied, 'He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home?'

Happy Mental Health!
Reposted from way back in February from...I cannot remember. I am feeling a bit mental at the moment. LOL

Missy
O am so happy I can her today. I need either a good cry or a good laugh..........thanks for having me pee my pants. ROFLAO
Always a pleasure Tru. Always a pleasure!

Missy
Old 10-28-2010, 01:43 PM

Now Missy we have talked about this before and you know there is a 5 cal snack that you could have it you wanted to so stay way from the Halloween candy.
Oh. My. Gawd. That was out-of-this-world funny!! You are killing me here. I think Mike would like that but alas the nickel is remaining in place.

Missy
Old 10-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

Now Missy we have talked about this before and you know there is a 5 cal snack that you could have it you wanted to so stay way from the Halloween candy.
Oh. My. Gawd. That was out-of-this-world funny!! You are killing me here. I think Mike would like that but alas the nickel is remaining in place.

Missy
Hay I didn't know about it you told me.............what a lifesaver!!!!!!!!! hehehe
Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 PM

Missy
Hay I didn't know about it you told me.............what a lifesaver!!!!!!!!! hehehe
Yeah. So true. Lifesaver indeed. LMFAO!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106719.jpe  
Old 10-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I used to work in a board and care facility for the mentally ill, I could see that happening. Guess where I met DH at? And no he didn't work there. A man would have to be crazy to stick with someone like me. BTW Missy I loved the joke.
So if a man had to be crazy to stcik with someone like you and he didn't work there now I have to know was he a patient????????
Yes he was a patient! He has bipolar disorder and is stable thru the use of medications. We been married for 18 years. Family said it wouldn't last 6 months. He works and goes to college and I stay home and take care of the family.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:14 PM

I used to work in a board and care facility for the mentally ill, I could see that happening. Guess where I met DH at? And no he didn't work there. A man would have to be crazy to stick with someone like me. BTW Missy I loved the joke.
So if a man had to be crazy to stcik with someone like you and he didn't work there now I have to know was he a patient????????
Yes he was a patient! He has bipolar disorder and is stable thru the use of medications. We been married for 18 years. Family said it wouldn't last 6 months. He works and goes to college and I stay home and take care of the family.
YES! Recovery can and does happen! BUT recovery means different things to different people. None of it is wrong.

I am so happy for your hubby and for the two of you being together for so long. YAY for y'all!

Missy
Old 10-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Missy!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:19 PM

Thank you Missy!!!
You are most welcome.

Missy
Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Banned

This is like our own little corner of the forum we talk about everything.

Carrie and Missy I send you lots of {{{{HUGS}}}}}}} I often wonder since Joyce's brain injury if she will ever met anyone or will she be alone the rest of her life. You both showed me how much love there is out in the world and you do not have to be what society thinks is PERFECT to find someone to love you. I hope I worded that right.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Ready for a shock!!! I have not been exercising but I am eating right for the most part. I weighed tonight and I lost 2 1/2 more pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it.

Though I think it is from stress. My DD has been having stomach pain for over a week now. We thought it was her ulcer acting up again. Well she started running a fever and having sharp pains on her lower right side and back with nausia, I got her into the Dr. yesterday and they did the usual blood work and a ultra sound. Her CBC was out of wack but the ultra sound showed nothing wrong so they did a CAT Scan and found a stone in her kidney on the right side. We see a Urologist on Monday to see what they think should be done. She is on pain pills and they knock her out. I guess that is a good thing.