Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Calling all New England quilters >

Calling all New England quilters

Calling all New England quilters

Old 08-25-2010, 07:10 AM

I did a quick plot of the shops that have been suggested. Its a rough map but will give you an idea of the route (thank you, JenniePennie!). Opinions? Suggestions??
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104036.jpe  
Old 08-25-2010, 08:41 AM

Hi Beth,

My thoughts were that after Salem NH, we head towards the Atlantic and look for shops that bring us closer to where Kooklabell is staying so that it is easier for her to get back to her hubby so they can enjoy their anniversary together. I think there are shops in Newburyport and North Hampton, but I would have to check.

I love the idea of finally getting to Quilted Threads, but I think it is just too far away, as is Kingston, and we should consider heading east instead.

I had intended to join up with all of you in Pelham and probably would have made Kingston my last stop depending on the time of day we get there.

I think 45 minutes per shop is a good amount of time give or take 15 minutes to make purchases.

If we don't make it to all the shops we want to attend, there is always early spring next year and more time to plan an over night hop to include some great places in New England....maybe even a bus tour to loop around through the Berkshires!

Diane
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 AM

Diane, I hear you. Let's see what the others think. It'd be nice to accommodate as many as we can so feedback on this is needed. Everyone?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:49 AM

I think half hour to 45 mins per shop, browse, If we keep this timeframe in mind no one will dawdle.

If we know someone is meeting at the next stop, you can call them and say you are on the way. (having the approximate driving time between stops on the list We could figure the ETA)

ex. if you start in chelmsford at 10, I will join you in hudson nh the next stop. I figure you will shop til 10:45 and drive the the 30min-+ to hudson...so I know you'll be there about 11:15.

Henniker being the last stop is nearer my home so I will leave you there and come home.
I can't wait.
I am giving up travellling to VA for my great nephews christening. Don't tell anyone I feel better saving air and hotel $ for shopping. DH didn't want to take such a quick trip anyway. So I will just blame him lol
Old 08-25-2010, 11:57 AM

now that I reread my reply ..we should make a list of places first then do the scenario of shopping time and between driving time in case we end up only having time for 3/4 places, a nice lunch and chit chat before we have to in some cases backtrack to get home before it gets too late.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 PM

Did you catch my earlier post that includes a map and the list of shops that have been suggested?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:17 PM

yes I did. I will search thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 12:24 PM

Sounds like the full shop list is ambitious for this first go-around. It would be a lot for one day, plus lunch. Seems like a few people who live in Nothern/ Central NH just want to go to Quilted Threads in Henniker, and those in the Southern part of the state mostly want to do Salem and further east along the coast. Maybe let's do two events for the two groups! Here's what I propose:

Group 1: maybe Concord (Golden Gese Shop) and Henniker and lunch
Group 2: Salem, Pelham, Kingston and lunch

I live in the southern part of the state but I'm open to either group. I love to drive in NH especially in early October!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Sounds like the full shop list is ambitious for this first go-around. It would be a lot for one day, plus lunch. Seems like a few people who live in Nothern/ Central NH just want to go to Quilted Threads in Henniker, and those in the Southern part of the state mostly want to do Salem and further east along the coast. Maybe let's do two events for the two groups! Here's what I propose:

Group 1: maybe Concord (Golden Gese Shop) and Henniker and lunch
Group 2: Salem, Pelham, Kingston and lunch

I live in the southern part of the state but I'm open to either group. I love to drive in NH especially in early October!
I agree that it seems two plans are needed and, that the current plan may be too ambitious. This is the first time I've been involved in planning a Shop Hop so all input is certainly needed!!

So, ladies, two plans or do we skinny down the current list?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:29 PM

Hi,

Hey, don't worry about me. I travel to Ma. three times per year. I may even be up that way again in March. If the shop hop takes you west this time through NH, maybe in the spring the hop could go East?

I just think its so way cool that so many of you have "found" each other and are making such great plans.